Winter Storage

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

The hood is off the road for the from this weekend, which should allow me to do a few needed jobs.

Has anyone got any tips to minimise the chance of any issues ready for next spring?

Thanks

Mike

Guest chris brown
The hood is off the road for the from this weekend, which should allow me to do a few needed jobs.

Has anyone got any tips to minimise the chance of any issues ready for next spring?

Thanks

Mike

Yep use it through the winter :yahoo:

Seriously through if you insist on laying it up (which is never a good idea) at least run it monthly just a short drive will do to ensure the clutch doesn’t seize up and the bores don’t go rusty as well as the tyres flat spotting

All the above are good information, yes, your clutch will be stuck on next spring if you don't at least move it up and down your driveway a few times, possibly your brakes as well if you leave the handbrake on.

but something I must stress to everyone, even if you're still going to use it;....... Check your antifreeze mixture NOW! or you could suffer blown out coreplugs or even cracked blocks/heads etc are not unknown, when the temparature falls below -4ºC

Another good tip is to spray WD40 on all the electrical connections you can see, plus the HEADLIGHT SHELLS (stop 'em rusting).

Maybe even slicone engine "tart up" spray over everything under the bonnet.

Believe me, dampness WILL make things rust over winter, even when in a garage.

Guest salty_monk

If you start it up, make sure you get it fully warm before turning off & preferably take it for a drive. Just starting it & then switching off will cause condensation & rust in the exhaust among other things...

Dan :)