Fire Wall

Guest Disco Stu

Guest Disco Stu

Hi all just became a member this week after many years of struggling on my own!!

If anyone has pictures of the fire wall (bulk head) on a RH 2B/04 it would be great as my video tape is damaged at that point,

I have a good idea but I’m sure it would be easier if I could see how it’s done too...

Just need to see from the servo to the passenger’s side, bends cuts attachments etc.

Many thanks, Disco Stu.

Guest chris brown
Hi all just became a member this week after many years of struggling on my own!!

If anyone has pictures of the fire wall (bulk head) on a RH 2B/04 it would be great as my video tape is damaged at that point,

I have a good idea but I’m sure it would be easier if I could see how it’s done too...

Just need to see from the servo to the passenger’s side, bends cuts attachments etc.

Many thanks, Disco Stu.

Hi Stu

Welcome to the site

I'm sorry but there is no definitive answer to your question as it depends on so many other things like have you got the battery sitting low down on the passenger’s side (where the passenger’s feet should be) or have you lifted it up like in the 2B? Also have you cut the bonnet so as to fix the scuttle or are you sticking with the alligator bonnet?

Guest Disco Stu

I have decided on sticking with the alligator bonnet and yes the battery tray does sit low on the passenger’s side. I think it’s going to be a matter of trying things out, just hate having to re-do things twice. Thins I need to grow some cahoonahs and get on with it!!

Stu

I've a 04 2B and if your is the same as mine the video's no good at all, As Dicky redesigned the firewall / battery tray without videoing it.

His idea was to shorten the passenger footwell and get rid of the battery tray. The battery was then meant to sit on the floor infront of the foot well.

Roughly speaking the firewall bends back from the pedal box to the rear of the cross tube then runs to about a foot from the nearside and bends back for about a foot befor bend towards the nearside.

Clears as mud now hey

Sorry can't get to my pics.

Check out the battery boys site they photograph virtually all the build.

Steve

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Stu

Like Chris says welcome to the board.

Join the club and get your self off to the local area meet and talk your build through with others.

The fire wall is your choice, I tried it the way the video suggested then straightened it all out and started again, although mine is a 2b not a 2b4.

The pic, though not the best, shows how I took mine straight across to the pedal box area, allowing me to use the re-claimed space for washer bottle and radiator header tank.

DSC01078-1.jpg

End of the day Stu. its your car and you do with it as you like, provided it meets SVA.

HTHs

You're in Leeds. Lots of members and cars local to you. One of the best ways of getting the enthusiasm going again is to get to a meeting and see some cars on the road or invite the local gang over to pick their brains. The build is a lot harder if you are isolated.

Nigel

Guest Disco Stu

Cheers Nigel that’s a good idea. I’ll look into the next meet or like you say get a few people round to pass hints and tips.

I'm sure so long as there is a good supply of tea and bacon butties on demand people will get interested!!

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian & Carole

No, your main aim is to achive a water tight panel.

Lots of making up to do around the outer suspension mounts and around the lower part of the floor where back panel meets tunnel side wall.

Some plate with stainless some make good with resin and matting and some I seem to recall use expanding foam.

I used metal and resin to seal all the gaps.

As I said earlier in this post Its your build and you can use what ever you are happy with.