Snap Off Boss

Guest Captain Daz

Guest Captain Daz

Chaps

What 's the best place to get a snap off boss kit to fit the standard Robin Hood steering wheel? I'd like one that doesn't need any serious work to fit (i.e. just bolting on).

Best place/best price?

Cheers

Daren

The Snap Off needs a matching boss to fit to the Sierra column as the Snap Off is designed for an "M" type steering wheel. The standard Mountney wheel is a traditional fit which means either ditching it and getting an "M" fit wheel or manufacturing an adapter ring as I did.

I bought my Snap Off at Stonleigh a few years ago.

post-347-1226518662_thumb.jpg

This is what i used but fitted a momo boss to fit sierra column first(which i bought from another member),then bought a different steering wheel off a daihatsu charade i think.Easy to fit but the only problem is it brings the steering wheel closer to you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-JDM-Quick-Releas...A1%7C240%3A1318

I also have a cheaper race car type fitting that came with a sleeve that goes over the sierra shaft which you then weld on,and the boss takes a 3 bolted steering wheel.Got this of ebay to but can't find the link for that one.

Andy

Yep thats the other one i have.The sleeve is mean't to fit over the sierra shaft however i have never tried it.The only thing with this one is its a 3 bolt hole steering wheel fit,which limits which wheel you can use and most seem expensive.

Andy