It Has Wheels!

Guest mac801123

Guest mac801123
is that board on the front some sort of new design. maybe a splitter or something?!!! :D

Hi Fozzy :hi:

Ummmm no as you can see from the size of the garage I don't have a work table so I have a borad that I put on the front for my cup of tea, bits & peices.

the palet on the left also doubles as a small shelf for other things.

As the kit is comming together my space seems to be getting smaller.

Still next time will hope to have a bigger place....

Thanks Mike :good:

Guest Dan_Beeston

Slightly O/T but every time I see the zero chassis it seems like RH have missed a few simple opportunities to fully triangulate it...

Is there anything stopping you adding a diagonal into the front of the chassis for example?

(see piccy attached)

It should stiffen up that cell massively, improving torsional rigidity.........

post-1780-1227860871_thumb.jpg

Guest boggybogstar

Mike

looking good, and thanks for the voice mail last night, unfortunatly you still have to sit in it making brrm brrm noises !!! :D

Dan - interesting point you make, the top chassis about 15" back from the front has 2 square and 1 round bar welded together, Ive always been worried that this is a weak point and a deep hole in the road would put a lot of stress on it, maybe your suggestion would strengthen it

Visualise your chassis made with Meccano-- & the bolts not quite tight--now all the stresses in welded corners are converted to movement about the Meccano "bolt" --if it can move a lot it can collapse or at least fracture around the heat-affected zone (weld) there-fore square or trapezium = bad; triangle = good so make triangles in any space-frame which has to withstand variable high loads. P.S the above probably explaines why I can't get my planes to fly--over engineered.

Maybe my memory failing me... I recall someone saying "build it in a month as I have nothing better to do" wasn't you was it? I was gung ho to start with, soon got a short sharp lesson! a year to SVA if I'm very lucky!!!

Best of luck,

Tony

Guest mac801123
Maybe my memory failing me... I recall someone saying "build it in a month as I have nothing better to do" wasn't you was it? I was gung ho to start with, soon got a short sharp lesson! a year to SVA if I'm very lucky!!!

Best of luck,

Tony

Hi Tony :hi:

Bugger!! you got a good memory I did say that but to be fair I now have a job to do in the afternoon at the shop around the corner from me,

I only do from 09:00 - 12:30 mon, tue, thurs and fri, my brother-in-law was helping but he now has a job so work has slowed down somewhat.

Also what did'nt help was having to wait 4weeks for my gearbox and diff to get back to me.

Still will spend as much time on it to get it finnished by the end of jan.

This week will start to fit the wiring, tank, fuel pump and engine.

Thanks Mike. :good: