Engine Flush

Guest Jabberwocky

Guest Nigel Novice

We grow them over here, an ex work colleague whilst driving then works transit noticed the oil light flickering so he pulled up and determined that its was indeed low on oil, after searching the van in vain for oil he hit on the idea that his flask of piping hot coffee would suffice, needless to say after a few yards it died <_<

He didnt have the self survival instinct to lie and told us all, to which most of us couldn't keep a straight face all day :D

I can remember way back in the 60s whilst marshaling on a student night rally in Loughborough , one competitor in his MG TF ran low on oil and did just that, added just enough water to bring the oil level up to the pickup , and then finished the rally , next day he drained the sump , flushed it well and filled with oil again and all was well , as i never heard of him having any engine trouble after that ,

Oh those good old carefree student days .

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timswait
I can remember way back in the 60s whilst marshaling on a student night rally in Loughborough , one competitor in his MG TF ran low on oil and did just that, added just enough water to bring the oil level up to the pickup , and then finished the rally , next day he drained the sump , flushed it well and filled with oil again and all was well , as i never heard of him having any engine trouble after that ,

Oh those good old carefree student days .

Mike

I can see how that would work. Oil floats on water after all, so if he added just the right amount then the oil pick up might be in the oil and not pick up any of the water..... maybe..... if he was lucky :unsure: . Unlucky the guy's coffee didn't have the same effect, maybe he added too much, or maybe it had a better designed pickup that drew from closer to the bottom. Was it black coffee? Perhaps milk would have made all the difference ;) .

I can't really see the guy on the Mustang forum being serious, must be a hoax, surely? :unsure: