Convoy Communication

Big Jim

Well I never had one (& I go back to the very old days of American AM sets) so I'm not getting one now! :p

If ever stopped, my name's Ian Brooks ;)

Oh and by-the-way Tim, you can't use the European channels legally in England.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and by-the-way Tim, you can't use the European channels legally in England.

I am 99.9% sure that the EU frequencies have been legalised in the UK in the last 5 years. The idea being to harmonise with Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

The 2004 RHOCaR trip over the channel to LeMans made good use of CB radios to keep us all together on various excursions. The NW lads were very instrumental in getting us all to our destinations and returning us safely. We spread the CB equipped cars evenly through the length of the convoy and usually had a CB to every 3 cars.

I had a couple of walkie talkies but the declared range of 'up to 3km' is less than truthful when you are sat in a car and surrouded by metal. We found 50 m was about the limit and 30 was nearer the truth for clear hearing.

About 3 or 4 months ago I did a deal with a guy on ebay and ended up with a storage box full of CB gear - so much gear that it was a strain to lift the box out of the guys car ! ! !

I am waiting for my pal to come over and sort it all out and get me a working set up. After that I will be offering the remaining gear to good homes.

Guest docter fox

mick,

when youve sorted it out, could you let me know (or post it on here) as id rather get something that i know is the right thing in person rather than buying the wrong things on ebay :rolleyes: