I'm Sorry, Dont Wish To Offend

Guest Nigel Novice

Guest Nigel Novice

The only reason you would get mugged is because the offender knows if he/she got caught and if it went to court and if it ended with a custodial sentence they would have all the comforts of home except mummy tucking them in at bed time, it only becomes a deterrent if it is unpleasant and they actually get it, community service is a joke, seen groups just sat in a van all day (with the engine running) because it was damp outside - bless em - never mind making them wear Hi Viz jackets bring back the stocks - under cover of cause :rolleyes:

Guest TerryBarry
I give up! I can't deal with all these issues at once, Don't start me off!

Bugger it, I'm of to live in Australia!!

Tony

Before you rush off "Down Under" have a good read of Nick Bryant's Blogs HERE.

You might just change your mind - of course there's always Greece - "The Home of Civilisation" and yobs tossing petrol bombs :rolleyes:

Guest pwlcarz
Also countries with capital punishment tend to have higher violent crime levels, which is the "cause" and which is the "effect" is pretty open to debate, but there's no real evidence that it "works". Extremes tend to breed extremes, so before any more draconian punishments are brought in I'd like to see evidence that it actually works.

Not sure I understand or believe this.

The UK had capital punishment until it was abolished in the early 60's.

If you therefore believed this 'report' the UK was more violent in the 50's than now? I don't think so.

Guest erichetherington

The States have capital punishment and, one thing I do know, is I certainly don't want to live in a society like thiers and the Middle East have sarea (apologies for spelling) law and I certainly don't want to live there either. Not everything is right here but I still think it's one of (if not the) best place to live.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian & Carole

True story and I think just about summs the whole thing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Urine test

THIS GUY MAKES A GOOD POINT

This was written by a rig worker in North Sea - he makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK, and soon!

IMHO a point very well put........................

Totally agree, words well said.

Before we put the world right, we should ensure our own home is right first.

Unfortunately the do-gooders would argue that this would be an infringement on human rights!!

Al

I used to stand up and shout about human rights, and still would for injustices etc, but the current Euro/UK definition

of human rights is geared only to protect an individual and not the masses.

For example, a violent burgler who will distress and harass an entire neighbourhood.