Ignition Switch?

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

After what seems like a couple of ice ages our kit is willing its way along at a snails pace (Better than nothing i suppose).

Anyway we have laid the wiring loom over the car and labeled most but i am now wondering what completes the circuit as regards the ignition switch???

We have a Superspec and what im thinking is a Focus steering rack with the ignition barrel in place in the rack. the question is i dont see a way to take and connections off from this for the electrics. im clearly missing a link here somewhere and just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks as always.

Joe

After what seems like a couple of ice ages our kit is willing its way along at a snails pace (Better than nothing i suppose).

Anyway we have laid the wiring look over the car and labeled most but i am now wondering what completes the circuit as regards the ignition switch???

We have a Superspec and what im thinking is a Focus steering rack with the ignition barrel in place in the rack. the question is i dont see a way to take and connections off from this for the electrics. im clearly missing a link here somewhere and just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks as always.

Joe

You should have a switch b;ock that fits onto the ignition barrel.

I can't remember the colour but I think its brown ??

It has the connections for Ignition, starter etc.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That one on eBay doesn’t have the push in block connector so you’ll struggle to wirer it in.

I got mine from a breakers yard only a couple of quid and you get the whole lot.

Any model focus should do.

Got a diagram somewhere if you need help wiring it in.

Andy