Headlamps?

Tazzzzman1

Hi, :o

Probably just me being dumb, however I hope some one can help me stop worrying?

I have just fitted the RH chrome headlamps to my 2B (Note this was a bought as an abandoned project 18 mths ago so I have no supporting info on parts supplied!). I notice that on both of the sealed beam headlamp lens was stamped USA "left" and "drive". Am I correct in surmising that these are for left hand drive, therefore not UK suitable?

If so I will be having words with our friends at GBS to get replacements sent. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers

Terry :huh:

I think that you will find that Left means the side it dips to and i guess its a pair made by Wagner in USA that you have , if thats the case then you are ok .

Mike

Cheers Mike,

Yep they are Wagners... As I said me being dumb! Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

regards

Terry

Guest chris brown
Hi, :o

Probably just me being dumb, however I hope some one can help me stop worrying?

I have just fitted the RH chrome headlamps to my 2B (Note this was a bought as an abandoned project 18 mths ago so I have no supporting info on parts supplied!). I notice that on both of the sealed beam headlamp lens was stamped USA "left" and "drive". Am I correct in surmising that these are for left hand drive, therefore not UK suitable?

If so I will be having words with our friends at GBS to get replacements sent. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers

Terry :huh:

As you say they say USA there’s a fair chance they are for a left hooker probably left over from the L/weight kits that went to the states. For SVA they need an "E" mark and an arrow towards the bottom of the glass which points to the near side. Sealed beam H/lamps are poor to say the least I would bin them and get some halogen replacements.

H Terry, I've got a pair of sealed beams that went through SVA ok in 2007 that you can either have or compare with yours. I'm in Sheffield, near J31 M1.

Sealed beams are perfect for SVA (i.e. they work!!) but are very poor if car is used in the dark alot.

Nick

H Terry, I've got a pair of sealed beams that went through SVA ok in 2007 that you can either have or compare with yours. I'm in Sheffield, near J31 M1.

Sealed beams are perfect for SVA (i.e. they work!!) but are very poor if car is used in the dark alot.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I think though that the headlamps I have are fine for SVA. I have checked the markings and they are "E" Stamped with 7603 on them. (I will change to halogens after SVA).

Good to see there is another hoodie nearby though!

Hopefully I can crack on over the xmas break (just have the boot area and a bit of trimming to start/ finish off. Then I will try and get it in for the SVA pre-April?? Any Idea how long it takes to get a date from application?

cheers

Terry