Master Cylinder Thread Sizes

Al Milton

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the thread sizes/types are on the SuperSpec brake master cylinder? The 2 front fluid outlets are a different size to the 2 rears.

Am I right that the other brake pipe unions are M10 x 1 (male & female). It just seems strange to have two thread sizes on the master cylinder.

Just curious as I am thinking about replacing the copper with braided hose. Has anyone gone down this route pre SVA?, could be expensive I know, but braided does look nice.

Cheers

Al

Guest chris brown
Hi All,

Does anyone know what the thread sizes/types are on the SuperSpec brake master cylinder? The 2 front fluid outlets are a different size to the 2 rears.

Am I right that the other brake pipe unions are M10 x 1 (male & female). It just seems strange to have two thread sizes on the master cylinder.

Just curious as I am thinking about replacing the copper with braided hose. Has anyone gone down this route pre SVA?, could be expensive I know, but braided does look nice.

Cheers

Al

When you say braided hose do you mean flexible type? If so I wouldn’t think SVA would look to kindly on it as it is basically only a rubber hose inside, all be it a good quality, and as part of the MoT/SVA is to check the condition of all flexible hoses this would not be feasible if the whole car was done in it. Stick with copper (kunifer) for all fixed pipeing.

Guest gavinc

this is a guy russ from the locostbuilders site...

http://www.furorecars.co.uk/

he has a very good reputation on locost site.

i have met him a few times,he tuned the superspec for us.

he came to our meeting sunday and we had quite along chat obout his brake pipes,

i will be using them on my locost

he has sva'd cars with flexis all the way throu and can provide correct paperwork

might be worth a chat..

Hi All,

As usual, very useful thoughts indeed.

This was just an idea I had as the brake pipes supplied originally with the kit weren't long enough and was just wondering about replacing with braided. Did have some smaller joining sections made at a local garage, but the more I looked at these, the less I thought the SVA/IVA man might not like them.

Looked further into the cost and this would come out in the region of £100ish, (i'd rather spend this on some nice rear E marked LED lights), so I replaced the short pipes with rigid tubing.

Roll of pipe (25ft cupro nickel - is this Kunifer?), cost 11.98 trade (should have 19.90) and a few hours of swearing yesterday :rolleyes:

At least I got to use my brake pipe flaring kit the misses got me for Christmas as a suprise!

Thanks for the comments, those coloured pipes do look nice though Gavin.

Cheers

Al