Have I Committed A Sin?

Guest Geordiebarry

Guest Geordiebarry

OK I am sure that this may upset a few but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I had planned to build a Robin Hood and wos torn between a 2b and a Zero.

After much debate and thought I was drifting towards a Zero. Started off with Calibra to get the XE, then moved to Sierra for rest of donor parts. Update paperwork to show the Sierra had an XE fitted. I guess that I am OK so far?

So last week I was scanning Ebay and came across a local guy selling a Westfield rolling chassis with which he won his class in the Scottish championship. Decided to go and have a look.It was a nice car, already SVA'd, Q plate just requiring a little tidying.

While chatting with the owner he informed me he had an unstarted Westfield starter Widebody kit in Yellow. He bought it last year but because of racing he never got around to starting it. He also said he was planning to sell it. I had a look and it was nice. He then told me the price, and is now minus a hand. Couldn't help myself. I know some will class it as a sin but it was cheaper than the Zero Kit (gotta think of the credit crunch) and probably an easier build for a newbie like me. Just need to arrange transport for the chassis and the last few bits. He has also offered to me his wealth of knowledge on setup etc which is great.

He also has an XE motor which puts out 242 bhp for sale and a Quaife type 9 box. I would definitly of had these aswell but they are out of my price range at the moment (£4500 for the engine setup and £1500 for the gearbox).

Have I committed a sin?

hi

i might have been tempted myself .

inmho i cant see a prob , stay a member and enjoy the benifits of the club , still use the build tips and see the rest of us at a meeting or show . contact your local area sec for details of meets ect . ohh and keep your head out of your a s .

westie owners and cateringvan owners are a bit different than us friendly hoodies .

all the best with the build .

graham

Guest Geordiebarry
hi

i might have been tempted myself .

inmho i cant see a prob , stay a member and enjoy the benifits of the club , still use the build tips and see the rest of us at a meeting or show . contact your local area sec for details of meets ect . ohh and keep your head out of your a s .

westie owners and cateringvan owners are a bit different than us friendly hoodies .

all the best with the build .

graham

Thanks Graham for your kind words.

I will remain a member and will be back regualarly and I will be attending meets etc. and most important of all I will remain down to earth. Can a Geordie do anything else?

Barry

Guest chris brown
Have I committed a sin?
Not in my book I recon you have done the best thing as you say you will have a much easier build and contra to what Graham says there are some really good westy owners especially in the north. We had a really good night with them at Harrogate a few years back when they invited us (RHOCaR) to there get together on the Saturday night. In any case being a Hoodie isn’t what you drive it's a state of mind.

Finding a bargain like that is what being a Hoodie is all about.

So may the force be with you for ever more.

The Mail on Sunday had a Westfield kit article headlined some thing for the weekend

so apply for sva in 3 weeks should have it done :D

Good luck

keep the faith

Stephen

Finding a bargain like that is what being a Hoodie is all about.

So may the force be with you for ever more.

The Mail on Sunday had a Westfield kit article headlined some thing for the weekend

so apply for sva in 3 weeks should have it done :D

Good luck

keep the faith

Stephen

do we need a minister ?

;)

no sin at all

you go for it

in your position i too may have had these "impure thoughts" :p ;)

any pics,keep us uptodate with progress please

cheers

ek B)

p.s. Graham, not nice!!, if you head north the boys will be waiting on Hadrians warl :aggressive:

it's a good job i know you :drinks: :drinks: :bad: :lazy: :p :lol:

how do you spell wall ?

must be different up north

we all speak the queens english here, not northern english its different you know ?

ps

do you want a fight ?

love graham***********kisses

westie owners and cateringvan owners are a bit different than us friendly hoodies

OY

there are some really good westy owners especially in the north.

thanks chris !

Go for it but do expect to get some stick ! I get stick at the shows the westie owners ask why I park at the RH stand

And it gets called various things such as a canoe from this lot !!.

but at the end of the day they are all kit cars and are great fun .

I bought my one on E bay and run it on a budget no expensive upgrades for me

but I love it the way it is.

john