Don't Leave It Too Late

st3v3nw

I have it on good authority that this Friday is the closing date for SVA applications. After that, you will have to have IVA.

This comes from Paul Jepson who is doing my paperwork.

Hurry as Thursday is the last day you can post the forms off.

Edited by st3v3nw

Guest mac801123
I have it on good authority that this Friday is the closing date for SVA applications. After that, you will have to have IVA.

This comes from Paul Jepson who is doing my paperwork.

Hurry as Thursday is the last day you can post the forms off.

Hi st3v3nw

The best way is to fax the forms and email the photos......

FAX 01792 463581

EMAIL sva.email@vosa.gov.uk

TEL 01792 454288

I did this on monday (as i was told by VOSA that by post it takes 5 days..)

Mike

Hi st3v3nw

The best way is to fax the forms and email the photos......

FAX 01792 463581

EMAIL sva.email@vosa.gov.uk

TEL 01792 454288

I did this on monday (as i was told by VOSA that by post it takes 5 days..)

Mike

Just spoke to them and they are up to their knees with applications expecting to be up to their necks by tomorrow afternoon.

Mine isn't on the system yet ,Don't panic Mr Mannering> but there is a 3 day backlog and they have additional help coming in tomorrow.

Sounds like the poor loves don't know what's hit them!!

Guest mac801123
It took them about 2 weeks to process my application, then another week for the test centre to get back to me with a definite date :huh:

Hi joel :hi:

I sent mine on monday and just got a call from them to say that all is ok and just to wait till the test centre calls me....

NOW THATS SERVICE!!! for you......... :yahoo:

Just need to get the car finished before the end of April!! :help:

Thanks Mike

Guest mac801123
So if i send it by fax, how do i pay? and can i fax it on friday?

Hi Alex :hi:

I sent mine with a note giving bank details then phoned them to ask if they recived the fax and email..

Why send friday????? why not tomorrow????

Mike :good:

Just rung the same lovely Lady at VOSA and she confirmed that my application is on the system.

Suddenly it all seems rather real and a cloud of impending panic is beginning to descend along with a sense of dread, shortness of breath, anxiety and I feel like the walls of the test centre are closing in on me creating a sense of claustrophobia.

God knows what's going to happen when I finally get a test date :o

Guest mac801123
Just rung the same lovely Lady at VOSA and she confirmed that my application is on the system.

Suddenly it all seems rather real and a cloud of impending panic is beginning to descend along with a sense of dread, shortness of breath, anxiety and I feel like the walls of the test centre are closing in on me creating a sense of claustrophobia.

God knows what's going to happen when I finally get a test date :o

Hi Knock-on :hi:

I feel the same.. :unsure:

We just have to hope we done the best job we can, and hope the tester likes our job....

Let us know the date.

Thanks Mike :good:

We just have to hope we done the best job we can, and hope the tester likes our job....

Couldn't agree more - I've had the pleasure!? of putting a car through SVA before, and whilst I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome (I still expect to fail first time), I'm not in the slightest bit worried about it.

As long as you've done the best you can, then the test can be perversely enjoyable - if you read through all the posts about SVA, you'll see that the tester's more often than not are a good bunch, and the vast majority of fail points are unforeseen, and not unreasonable. You want a safe car after all.

It's a day out in the car you built - just enjoy it :good: B)

Couldn't agree more - I've had the pleasure!? of putting a car through SVA before, and whilst I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome (I still expect to fail first time), I'm not in the slightest bit worried about it.

As long as you've done the best you can, then the test can be perversely enjoyable - if you read through all the posts about SVA, you'll see that the tester's more often than not are a good bunch, and the vast majority of fail points are unforeseen, and not unreasonable. You want a safe car after all.

It's a day out in the car you built - just enjoy it :good: B)

I am fully expecting to fail first time. The only thing I want is a check list to go back with :)

Guest mac801123
Amateur build declaration arrived today. 13th March is final date they will accept this returned by. If it doesn't get accepted it is bye bye SVA and re-apply for an IVA.

Hi st3v3nw :hi:

Why did'nt you download it from the site http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/AB%20Declaration%20Revised%20June%2006.pdf and then fax it to them it would have been much quicker?

And this one is the SVA form http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/SVA1%20Ministers%20Cert%20-%20July%2008.pdf.

Mike :good:

I don't know if this has been posted but the original cutoff for having applications processed (not just received) was this Friday the 13th but has been extended to next week.

I have spoke to them and may have a bit of a problem. :(

Although I completely removed and reassembled the front Suspension, brakes, steering, engine etc, I only dropped the rear axle out to check it all. Apparently I should have completely removed it but didn't :(

Anyway, they will let me know by phone but I don't know what I can do now. If necessary, I can disassemble it again, take it off the car and reassemble with more pictures which I can produce at the test. Hope not as the boot is nearly finished and everything done at the rear now. (Even the fuel lines and brakes Graham/Alan)

If it's not one thing.....

A quick aside. The people at SVA are very helpfull and on the ball. Twice I've phoned and both times got straight through and been dealt with very well. Not the sort of thing one expects from a Government department at all.