S2000

Knock-on

Guest chris brown

What a fantastic engine to use and yes it is one of the few Honda engines to turn the correct (clockwise from the front) way. Ideally you need the complete drivetrain so as to be able to use the full rev range of the engine otherwise I suspect you would never get it onto full cam in top gear with a Ford diff.(but may be wrong)

yes take the whole lot, s2000 is rear wheel drive, there are locosts out there with this engine, if you can then do it

Mitch

I was just thinking that a S2000 would make a nice industry strength option to a bike engine.

Just brain-storming at the moment :)

Guest Ace Fettler

We have a chap in this area who, having sold his very nice Hood S3, is currently fitting complete S2000 engine/gearbox etc into a westy. He was looking for bike engine levels of performance with car engine driveability and with 200 brake straight out of the box i think he has pretty much got that :D. I will try and get some pics etc if he turns up at the next meet.

Richard

We have a chap in this area who, having sold his very nice Hood S3, is currently fitting complete S2000 engine/gearbox etc into a westy. He was looking for bike engine levels of performance with car engine driveability and with 200 brake straight out of the box i think he has pretty much got that :D. I will try and get some pics etc if he turns up at the next meet.

Richard

That was my thinking as well. The S2000 engine is pretty light for a car and having the Tranny as well makes it attractive if you can mate it up.

I don't know how much heavier it will be than a ZZR 1300 with Ford Transmission but I doubt there will be much in it.

You can get 200+ BHP from a mych more suitable and robust plant

Be interesting to see how much the engine and gearbox are worth?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/s2000-engine-and-gea...1QQcmdZViewItem

5 Days to go but you do get the pump for your air con :D :D :D

Steve

It's a lot of engine for the money.

However, ECU and loom could work out expensive.

I'm going to do a bit of work on size, weight etc but I really think this could be a good option. They really are stonking lumps.

Guest Jonathan Tall

There's a lot of misinformation around about the Honda engines, The 2litre Civic Type R engines DO NOT TURN the wrong way (I've got one!).

The B16 and B18 DO Turn anticlockwise...