I.d My Carb

Guest ant.b

Guest TerryBarry

Not too easy with the chip basket on top but looks like the Weber 2V 30/34 DFTH that came with my 2.0 manual 1989

There is a little aluminium plate on mine that has 85HF CB L32 38 stamped on it.

HTH

Terry

Guest jetskijase

Hi Ant

I have this carb on my pinto, from what i've read in the haynes manuel this carb was also fitted to the 1.6 economy engine.

Would it not be better to change the carb to at least a 32/36 dgav ( which are cheap on ebay) or to a 38 dgas.

I managed to get a 32/36 dgav for about £20 from scrappie, fitting was no probs.

Just a thought/idea might also be easier to get a filter base aswell. ^_^

Jase :D

hi all

will keep my eyes open for a 32/36 dgav , what is the differance between one of them and mine ? dont know much about carbs ,is mine not very good performance wise ?

cheers ant :boohoo:

Guest Andy Sparrow

I still have my old (circa 1983) DGAV 32/36 off my 2.0 OHC - changed to 38 DGAS last year and the improvement is certainly worth while..

If you can find one go for the 38DGAS (theyre about 160 quid new)

If you really want my old DGAV (minus auto choke) its yours for the price of postage (its heavy) or pick up in the North West.

Andy

That carb was the same as what was on my F-Reg donor car. If I remember right it is a DFTH 30/34, as mentioned earlier.

I went for an upgrade to a DGAS 38. In addition to swapping the carb, I had to change the manifold for the older type and had to swap the engine management unit for the ickle type. However, the improvement was well worth all the effort. Changing the engine management unit was not as difficult as it first appeared - there was only around 4 or 5 wires to connect to the main loom (12V, earth, tacho feed, coil negative and one other that I can't remember). Big Jim gave me the details. There was a whole bundle of scrap wire left over at the end.

Daz