Detling 2009

steve in stockport

We are looking for cars to put on our display stand at the show.

Ideally we are thinking of a zero and an older model to show the changes that the marque has undergone.

Graham and Dan set the standard with their lightweights at Peterborough and we would like to maintain that level,

If your car fits the bill, you can commit to it being there all weekend, ie Sat - Mon, then let us know

Steve

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian & Carole

One point to add is........

Once the cars are in the hall they will have to stay put untill the show closes every night.

You will NOT be allowed to remove your car untill 17.00 hrsish, I think it is, not a prob if you intend to camp / hotel stay over.

we are not able to show our cars at detling as we are only going for 1 day .

however its a great feeling to have people looking at what has been done to achieve a road going

vechicle such as ours , i would emplore anyone who can to show their car on the stand to do so .

graham

Guest yokel

I second Grahams comment, if you can do it get your car on the stand, mine was on the GBS stand at exeter, it was quite an effort to get it ready and there but well worth the trouble.

Tony

Hi

My Zero has its SVA tomorrow.

I was going to go to the show and may be able to leave it there, I live in Bracknell which is 70 miles away so not too far anyway.

I thought the show was on Easter Sunday and Monday and not the Saturday?

Not sure if you want a show car though as I do think that my car is not as a fantastic build like some that I see of on here.

Also my car is zetec based and has some differences to it, cycle wings at the back, dual hoops etc.

Anyways, if you are still interested, when it passes and if I can try and arrange something then mine will be available.

Ian

Guest chris brown
Hi

My Zero has its SVA tomorrow.

I was going to go to the show and may be able to leave it there, I live in Bracknell which is 70 miles away so not too far anyway.

I thought the show was on Easter Sunday and Monday and not the Saturday?

Not sure if you want a show car though as I do think that my car is not as a fantastic build like some that I see of on here.

Also my car is zetec based and has some differences to it, cycle wings at the back, dual hoops etc.

Anyways, if you are still interested, when it passes and if I can try and arrange something then mine will be available.

Ian

Sounds the ideal car to me Ian and I for one would love to see it on the RHOCaR area

Guest boggybogstar

Does this mean I'm excused??

(Ian PM'd me this morning)

I am available the 3 days if needed but will stand down if Ian is happy to do it (rather concerned about hole picking ;) )

Guest Ian & Carole
Does this mean I'm excused??

(Ian PM'd me this morning)

I am available the 3 days if needed but will stand down if Ian is happy to do it (rather concerned about hole picking ;) )

NO :D :rolleyes: :o

We will still hole pick any way :D

Don't need to worry about hole picking. Have plenty there already due to having change the position of the lights at the back!!

Anyways, failed SVA on Friday but have re-test for Thurs 26th.

I am pretty confident about that so should be ok for Detling if you're still interested.

Cheers

Ian W

Guest Ian & Carole

Well subject to Mr Chairmans approval we have a brace of Zeros.

Tony Birkbeck (TonyB)

Ian Watkins (Taff)

Well done fellas and thanks for the offer.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Looks like we have a pattern going on with the shows, 2 lightweights at Peterborough and now 2 zeros at Detling.

We could do with a couple of reserves, just in case 'show syndrome' strikes our volunteers

Steve