Detling 2009

steve in stockport

Guest scottie686

I'm thinking of heading to Detling this year. What is the best day to go and is there a club stand to park?!? Also am i to expect monumental traffic to get in?!?

Scott

Edited by scottie686

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian & Carole
I'm thinking of heading to Detling this year. What is the best day to go and is there a club stand to park?!? Also am i to expect monumental traffic to get in?!?

Scott

Hi Scott

Have a read here

http://www.car-shows.co.uk/detlingkit.htm

Not sure about the trafic situation as we have never been to Detling before but hope that by going on Saturday means we might miss it.

Laura and Steve Johnston & Carole and I will be there from mid afternoon on the Saturday.

We have a patch of grass to play on where Steve and I will be pitching the Caravans.

I will fly the RHOCaR flag from my 'van, see you there.

I will also post the RHOCaR "show phone" number nearer the time in case you or any one has a problem finding us.

Hi

My Zero has its SVA tomorrow.

I was going to go to the show and may be able to leave it there, I live in Bracknell which is 70 miles away so not too far anyway.

I thought the show was on Easter Sunday and Monday and not the Saturday?

Not sure if you want a show car though as I do think that my car is not as a fantastic build like some that I see of on here.

Also my car is zetec based and has some differences to it, cycle wings at the back, dual hoops etc.

Anyways, if you are still interested, when it passes and if I can try and arrange something then mine will be available.

Ian

hi taff dont forget to take the bobby hat of the handbrake lever lol coz its not right to try and blag the man at the sva center will meet you there

Looks like we have a pattern going on with the shows, 2 lightweights at Peterborough and now 2 zeros at Detling.

We could do with a couple of reserves, just in case 'show syndrome' strikes our volunteers

Steve

hi well iam the same as ian first car first build could be better but theres always winter to redo as awinter project but i will be coming down in my zero as well as best mate taffy "ian watkins " so will be there on sataday afternoon some time as driving from manchester but can we camp at delting or what ? all the best on thursday taff another pass :D

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Graham

We will be on site from mid/late afternoon with the caravan, just come along and pitch your tent open a :drinks: and say hello.

Hope the weather is good to us.

See you there.

Guest mtechautomotive

Hey,

We (M-Tech) will be there with our Dyno. Its £30 to everyone else but show us your RHOCaR card and will run you for £25 (keep it hush to people stood around though!!)

We've got a stand inside withsome pretty good prices of £2,300 for a new blacktop with Jenveys, fitted and mapped ECU 170BHP lump as well as a 180BHP Duratec variant for £3,000 :p

Happy to let you guys tweak your maps, tune carbs etc in the evenings when it gets quiet as well.

See you all there!!!!

Hey,

We (M-Tech) will be there with our Dyno. Its £30 to everyone else but show us your RHOCaR card and will run you for £25 (keep it hush to people stood around though!!)

We've got a stand inside withsome pretty good prices of £2,300 for a new blacktop with Jenveys, fitted and mapped ECU 170BHP lump as well as a 180BHP Duratec variant for £3,000 :p

Happy to let you guys tweak your maps, tune carbs etc in the evenings when it gets quiet as well.

See you all there!!!!

May well take you up on the offer

cheers

Ian

Looks like I will be missing this one.

First time in 7 or 8 years.

Ray is booked in for the Easter Thunderball at the Pod, & I have to be there to play with the new

MSD ignition & the laptop.

Computer always says "NO!" whenever Ray tries to set it up!! :D

But if it all goes pear shaped I'll be down....

Bob

Guest Captain Daz

Detling is not a bad little show. Easy to get in and out of. Plenty of room for the club stand (sometimes on the grass though).

Thanks go to the boys at M-Tech for the discount. Wish I could take advantage. I can't make it this year as I'm in Dubai. Hope to make some others later in the year.

Taff, don't worry about people hole picking! I'm sure you'll get far more compliments than you think. I feel just the same about mine but I think its down to the fact that we work so closely on our cars for so long that we know every wart and pimple. To anyone looking at it for the first time it'll look fab. :D

Cheers

Daren

Hi Graham

We will be on site from mid/late afternoon with the caravan, just come along and pitch your tent open a :drinks: and say hello.

Hope the weather is good to us.

See you there.

cheers u 2 will c u there with a few tins . praying for a dry weekend coz got no roof hahahaha

Guest Ian & Carole
cheers u 2 will c u there with a few tins . praying for a dry weekend coz got no roof hahahaha

With the roof being such a pain I am thinking of buying one of these a bit expensive but looks like it won't take up much room.

Guest Ian & Carole
May still be able to make it, the banker (wife) has said I can get a trailer to take the car for its DVLA check if I take her away for her birthday.

So, as long as I can book for Newbury next Tuesday I should be ok for Detling

Any news Ian ?

Will we see you there ?...........................

OK folks you might have seen on the "DETLING" post that Taff (Ian Watkins) can't make it with his car so.............. we have two display pitches indoors and only one car :o :o ....................... any takers for the second slot ?????????

I am happy to put a different car on display each day if that makes it easier for any one.

Seems a shame to miss the opportunity to show your pride and joy to the world, ...................Mr Brown have you cleaned your car lately just in case B)

Edited by Ian & Carole
edited to add begging request