Insurance

Guest peter2b2002

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

Hi chaps, i just recieved this email which might be of interest to anyone renewing insurance in the near future, sounds good to me.

A little tale about my insurance renewal - may be of interest to other club members.

I received my renewal notice from SureTerm in respect of my 2B, insured with KGM. Cost of renewal = £155.74

I contacted a few other brokers, including SureTerm, ending up with a slightly better price of approx £126 (again with KGM)

I then contacted a broker in Yorkshire (where else!) and was offered the same cover, with KGM for approx £115.

The broker then offered me a slightly different deal. I still get comprehensive cover, agreed valuation and still underwritten by KGM, but in the event of a claim I would carry out my own repairs, with only the parts being covered by the insurance. In addition I have first claim to salvage in the event of an accident. Total cost £80:60p which is approx half of the renewal quote.

Seems like a great deal to me, so I have gone ahead with cover. If anyone else is interested the broker is:

Frank Pickles (Insurance Brokers) Ltd

33/35 Cross Green

Otley

LS21 1HD

Tel: 01943 850999

Fax: 01943 850388 Web address:http://www.frankpickles.co.uk

Guest charlie
I've just insured with them. Fully comp inc legal protection :D £80.00. :D Not bad for a 3.9 V8.

Baz

I have just recieved a quote from Frank Pickles £100 cheaper than Footman James! guess who gets my vote.!!

Charlie Southern Hoods.

Guest pwlcarz

Interestingly, when I renewed my insurance, all the quotes I got from different brokers, had the policy with KGM. Quotes varied wildly - some of the bigger companies gave the highest quotes, so it does make you wonder if brokers get the policy from one insurer why there should be such a wide difference. Presumeably all brokers get different discounts from the insurer but you would think the biggest brokers would get the biggest discount and therefore be able to offer the discount to the customer? Or perhaps some companies are just being greedy!

Seen all the blurb about how competitive Frank pickles are so thought I 'd give it a go.

Just got my quote from them and am really pleased with the quote, so pleased I have now commenced the policy (in anticipation of the SVA retest being sucessful on Thursday!)

Adrian Flux quoted me £179

Frank Pickles £75!!!!!! For an extra £5 I could put the missus on. At least this will stop her moaning (all be it briefly) Haven't got the heart to tell her she won't be able to reach the pedals....£5 small price to pay!

Seems they have had a lot of enquiries recently due to the postings on the club website, so now club members get preferential rates...

Fingers crossed for Thursday. :rolleyes:

cheers

Terry