Right Angle Drive For Type 9

dandanfireman

Hi Guys,

While my engine is out doing the turbo install i'm intending on finally making the speedo working. The current old cortina dial has the right cable for it but it won't fit into my type 9 due to the tight working space. Any ideas where i can get a cable with a right angle fitting or just a right angle fitting of the right type.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Many thanks

Dan

Hi Guys,

While my engine is out doing the turbo install i'm intending on finally making the speedo working. The current old cortina dial has the right cable for it but it won't fit into my type 9 due to the tight working space. Any ideas where i can get a cable with a right angle fitting or just a right angle fitting of the right type.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Many thanks

Dan

Speedy Cables Link

They had one and made me a cable to fit etc.

B) B)

Guest Bazwaz

A cheaper option is to cut a hole in the tunnel side so the cable can exit in a straight line then run it under the carpet up to the speedo.

Baz

Guest Ian & Carole
A cheaper option is to cut a hole in the tunnel side so the cable can exit in a straight line then run it under the carpet up to the speedo.

Baz

Mine cable comes straight across the floor up the drivers side - side panel and completes a really smooth arc to the the speedo.

5 years on the same cable with no problem.

Speedy Cables Link

They had one and made me a cable to fit etc.

B) B)

Hi Tony,

Don't suppose you have the details for the cable length for the SuperSpec. Might get Speedy to make one for mine when I get closer to finishing.

Will probably order the angled drive as well for the MT75 as there is supposed to be a minimum radius, which looking at the cable/box union looks more than a little sharp to last.

Cheers

Al

Baz

Thanks Baz i hadn't even thought about that, any ideas on what tools you used to cut a hole in the stainless tunnel ?