Wedding

Guest owenpilson

Guest owenpilson

has anyone used their robin as a wedding car ..... if so how much fun was it, was there any problems..

im getting wed on 5th july... and im using my s7 to go to and from the church....

i know i need to make some steps for the other half to walk up to get into the beast.....

cheers

Owen...

has any one got any pic of such events in robins?

Guest Angel Boy

Why don't you see if you can get an aisle made of hoods all blaring horns as you walk towards yours. B)

Would make it a day to remember.

Andy

Yes, I drove mine to my wedding in top hat and tails (didn't actually wear the hat though). We decided that a full white gown into a Hood was not a good idea so got a stretched limo back to the reception point (in the days when I had money!). I've not got any pics on the computer but I'll see what I can dig up. The biggest problem I had was the white ribbon from nose to wing mirrors was too long so touched the exhaust and made a bit off a mess - nothing major. The car was only a few hours old as I was up till 10pm the night before the wedding just stapling some material into the boot to make it look have decent, and there was no carpets - but it was worth it!

Guest owenpilson

cool sounds like it will be a lot of fun on the day , as long as it doesnt rain.... dont fancy having to put the hood up ...

ill make sure that the ribbon doesnt go near the exhaust...(i spent too long polishing it the other day)

ive told her that other people have gone from the church in their hoods ... so ill keep the truth away from her :)

owen.

:D Hi My niece get's married in a fortnight and the groom maybe driving my hood to the church (depend's on weather and how he drive's) I was also given the job of collecting the niece and her bridesmaids from the hairdresser's, but i have been banned from picking them up in the hood, (some people have no sense of adventure) :p

Will post some pic's when time come's

Mitch

Blackburn

Guest Taffy Rob

Hi

I started mine with the intention of driving it to the church on the wedding day - although like Matt we are having a different car to go to the reception (for her style and comfort!). The big day is the 7th of June, and the sva retest is the 15th April, so I'm still hopeful! I hope it doesn't rain, I don't mind putting the hood up (once I've fitted it and the windscreen and wipers etc etc), but I might be quite a sight clambering in and out of it in my cilt!!! :rolleyes:

(thats a welsh kilt by the way, green, white, and red, very fetching!)

I see no reason why you shouldn't leave in the hood, though I would possibly suggest getting your main photos done first, and she might like to take a hat?

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well the wedding has been and gone but unfortunatly because the use of the Hood was going to be a surprise i didnt think about the Insurance until i told the groom he could use it, and his Insurance company wont let him drive anything else, so he had to make do with a ride around the reception hotels car park. but here's a pick anyhow.

and the drive back over the moor's this morning cured my hangover very quickly.

Groom & best man driving

Mitch

post-13-1050245997.jpg

Guest Chris.A.
:) Kilts, eh?....never thought of that one. It is exhilorating enough in t shirt and shorts , but, a kilt !!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Of late i`ve seen loads of bikers out on beautiful days but hermetically sealed in leather ( yer. that`s alright in bed , but.....)there is no need to thrash at 140mph if you are riding in a Robin Hood at legal speeds it is exhilorating enough because you are so "exposed" ! :blink: guess I could highten the experience further by wearing a kilt??? P.S. hope you put a bit of masking tape ontop of the silencer,to avoid mother-in-law fainting if she glances at the reflective crome,when you step out??? or are you a true HOODIE :) and do that sort of thing anyway? perhaps that`s how you ended up at a wedding? Great pictures,mate,good luck. L.O.L. Chris.A.

Guest Taffy Rob

Yes I will have to be very careful - although living in windy wales I am sure there will be some kind of protective non-traditional undergarment (Ive seen these things that look like sheep and go baaaa when you press em see...). Wouldnt want nan to take away that particular memory of the day!!! :D

Also, its a cilt not a kilt :D :D :D

Guest Chris.A.
Yes I will have to be very careful - although living in windy wales I am sure there will be some kind of protective non-traditional undergarment (Ive seen these things that look like sheep and go baaaa when you press em see...). Wouldnt want nan to take away that particular memory of the day!!! :D

Also, its a cilt not a kilt :D :D :D

cilt . kilt .

sorry mate, me spaling int wot it shud be and I have enough trouble trying to get mi tong arownd hit, the Mrs. says she`s got one but I`m buggered if I can find it ( que MATT with a "delete" )

......just a thought.....

don`t you have tall thistles in wales? or is that part of the kick?

and I hope you dettoled those seats well after.

:D seriously.wot a great way to make a day special, all the best!

Chris.A :) .

Guest Taffy Rob

:D

no tall thistles, and the leeks are nice and thick and 'swooshy' without being 'thwacking', also they have no sharp contactable edges like thistes do..