Is It The Bears?

Guest zoomzoom

What is the problem with these jumped up inefficient twits from the DVLA. They seem to have the manners of Attilla the Hun, the charisma of Susan Boyle, the intelligence of a tin of spaghetti and to know about as much about the job as my pet hamster. I think it may be a sour grapes after failing the exam for village idiot.

Nigel

I must say that the chappie that came to my house was one of the friendliest people I have ever met.

Still waiting for a reg number though :(

• 2 weeks later...

What a waste of space DVLA are. Really feel for you and the bears.

chappie that came to my house was one of the friendliest people I have ever met.
Given the choice I would happily accept any personality from Mother Teresa to Vlad the Impaler if they were just competent and did the job they are paid to do by us and our behalf with some modicum of efficiency. Half of them couldn't walk down the street and chew gum at the same time and they're the smart ones. The other half couldn't get the gum out of the wrapper in the first place.

Nigel

I know what you mean LB.

They eventually got me a numberplate about 6 weeks after the application but it did take wayyyy too long.

I would contrast it with the chappies from VOSA who were always efficien, polite and helpfull when I was trying to fit Georgie in for her test before the deadline for SVA.

Still, eventually worked out and I have been enjoying myself this weekend with a big smile on my face.

Guest zoomzoom

Just an update:-FRIDAY-- rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

dvla borehamwood-- called and told me person not in so will call me back monday then they are in

MONDAY---rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

dvla borehamwood-- called and told me person not in so will call me back tomorrow then they are in

TUESDAY-- rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

dvla borehamwood-- called and told me person not in so will call me back tomorrow then they are in

WEDNESDAY--rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

THURSDAY--rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

FRIDAY----rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

dvla borehamwood-- called and told me person not in so will call me back monday then they are in

MONDAY---rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

TUESDAY(TODAY)--rang swansea-- email sent to dvla local office told call back within 2 hours

Now i'm not Robert langdon but I think there is a pattern to this, but I just can't see it. Is it opus dei ?, is it anti matter locked in a room in the darkest corner of DVLA borehamwood? Will a priest on a parashute save me ?

Marcus <----( the guy with the long beard, talking to himself, sat in the dvla with ticket number 2467, and the counter is on number 12)

Guest zoomzoom

Hey guess what I have just had a call from DVLA borehamwood to inform me that my application is progressing ok and once I have changed the chassis number and had this inspected by a garage and they stamp a letter for the dvla to inspect they will issue my reg.

What the *%$**

How can I change the chassis number now after its been sva'ed and had a built up inspection all with the current chassis number?

I did ask this (but in a nicer way) when they called but hit a brick wall of ''it must have a chassis number issued by the dvla''

No were on any dvla paperwork does it say that only dvla issued chassis numbers can be used.

:help: :crazy: :aggressive:

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

When Jason inspected mine, he just looked at it and noted it down, checked the engine number and off he popped.

There must be something you can do?

How about raising a complaint with DVLA Swansea. They seem to have a solid escerlation procedure (as I know :) )

Guest zoomzoom

After7 weeks of waiting and waiting the dvla has finally given in and allowed me to grovel and beg and plead to be allowed to do what they wanted me to do and I have changed the vin and now I HAVE A Q PLATE

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Newark here I come!!

Why are some DVLA offices so clueless? Needs addressing. Had mine registered at Lincoln DVLA, where the office manager handles all the kitcars (top bloke). Submitted all my paper work in person and booked my bui. Had to wait 10 days for bui as they only do them on set days of block booking. Had inspection by said manager, then waitted half an hour to get age related plate. Manager passes paperwork onto front desk where they take your money and issue a tax disc. Took 45 mins.

well glad everything was easy for you ;) only just got when you was saying about your vin no mine and taffs are our own made up to us like my car very personal :bad: hope the drive home was good see you on the next one may be