Thinking Of Buying

Guest Rob S

Guest Rob S

Hi, My daughter and I are thinking of building a kit car and the Robin Hoods seem to be a good place to start. Partially from the price point of view (yes money is tight) and from the quality aspect. We are looking at the Lightweight and the Zero which appear to be simmilar in cost.

Cast your mind back to when you were planning your first car, what questions do you wish you'd asked?

Any thoughts gratefully received

Rob :help:

Guest turbo

if you are looking at entry level '7 type' kits then you are at the right place with your choice unless you can go one better and weld up your own chassis from the haynes book.

Guest salty_monk

Go for the Zero - if you're talking about the monocoque Aluminium lightweight it has a whole bunch of issues to overcome to get it on the road. As a first kit the Zero will be much easier.

Dan :)

The Lightweight has not been available as a kit from GBS for over a year. Don't spend time and effort looking at it's specs and considering it as an option. You should be looking at the 2B and the zero. The 2B is a little bigger, heavier and is aimed more at comfort and touring with good performance and handling. The zero is lighter and more focussed on performance and handling with less regard to the comfort side of things.

Nigel

Guest MartinP

The Zero has had a lot more "engineering" put into it to make it an easier build.

That said I much prefer the 2B as a finished car over the Zero

Martin

P.S My daughter is also taking an active role in the whole process :good: