Modified And Performance Show At Croft Circuit

chris27

Guest sritony

•Noise Levels on cars must be 98dba static level or under. Please note that your car will be noise tested and if it is found to be over the limit then it will not be able to take part and no temporary devices will be allowed to be used also no refunds will be given. It is the responsibility of the driver of that car that it adheres to the noise level.

Thats on the official croft website as T&C's

and changed mind since I have tickets might as well give the Vrs a blast around the track!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robin Allison

Enjoy you day at Croft, I love that track. Its my hooligan track, they know me well and how i drive :D

I tried to get booked on track with my Skyline but there all sold out.

Anyway try this at Tower :D

DSC02756.jpg

DSCO2718.jpg

Guest Robin Allison

The Wife will not go on track with me :rolleyes: All the lads from the local RSOC group think its great though, sideways into and out of the complex, into sunny out :o , Hawthorn :D and the one out of sight Tower

Hoodies,

Due to The Flu, leaking diffs, etc etc we now have a couple of spare spots on the grid. Anyone who is keen to have a go around Croft can sign up at Scotch Corner Service Station at 07.45 tomorrow morning. Robin Hood Kit cars have first priority then first come first served. We may still have space on the grid because some of our cars we may fail the Bl**dy noise test.

Guest sritony

Colin and Sophie are coming but not till later on so won't be taking part on the track day!

Looking forward to getting the VRS out on the track give it a blast gives me time to sort the hood problems out engine isn't sounding great so prob best I ain't blasting it around haha!

Guest sritony

Final info

Just for the top end of the Journey

If anyone wants to join us on way down, I will be starting from Ashington (am the most Northern member going), at 6:30ish so can pick ya up on the way, plan to be at Gosforth by 6:50, Washington Services by no later that 7:10.

Thanks

Tony

This is what the press have to say about tomorrows show, can't wait.

FAST cars, jelly, bikinis and dancing girls will get pulses racing at a car show.

Croft Circuit, near Darlington, is hosting a Modified and Performance North-East show on Sunday, July 19.

Visitors will be able to take a tour of the circuit in either their own car, or in a Caterham, driven by a trained racing driver.

There will also be a display by modified car enthusiasts and the top three cars will take home prizes totalling £1,000.

Companies from across Europe will also demonstrate car modification systems.

There will be a live stage show with a fire-breathing girls’ rock ‘n’ roll dance show.

There will be a wet T-shirt competition, bikini car wash, pole dancing demonstrations and jelly wrestling.

One girl at the event will be crowned Miss Modified and Performance 2009.

The show runs from 9.30am to 5.30pm. Tickets are £12 in advance, or £15 on the day.

Guest Robin Allison

If anyone has an exhaust bung to reduce the noise then take it. I did a 2 day event with the RS owners a month ago. Lots of cars failed the noise test. Bungs are allowed, but make sure it is firmly fixed on and if you are out for more than one session Don't try to take it off and get back on without it. They note who has been tested with one on and they will check.

Guest sritony

Good day out lads, just been out for good session in kit car wish I had taken it just wasn't the same in the vRS and plus don't like giving my normal car punishment haha! But even though I was slowest just studying Video footage now to see where I went wrong its a 9 min clip so don't think i'll upload will take agessssssssss!

Left a bit earlier than I would have normally but wanted to get home and out in kit car so I missed all the Jelly Wrestling and twister :( !

On a positive note I was the only vRS Octavia :p

A great day and a big shame Eric G, Steve C & Andy S missed giving their Hoods a good thrashing. See you guys a week on Wednesday for refunds. Grizzly, Kenny Brough & Ross Mc Alpine enjoyed your session.

After all the worries about sound levels we all passed........just.

Photo's to follow.

Would you belive it? I got around Croft without any mishaps and scrapped through the noise control. Then 100yds from my front door and my throttle pedal went to the floor. Jumped out, off with the bonnet and sure enough the throttle cable had snapped. Five minutes to carry out a makeshift repair and home. Moral of the story? Fit two throttle cables. :D