Indicator Fun...

paolow

well, surprisingly my indicators work, thats not the problem, the real issue is the fixing of the wires. im using the rhe supplied front repeaters on the edge of my cycle wings and some motorbike ones on the side of the nosecone (no rubbish drainpipes for me!) the drama is that at some point the wires have to run across the grp - in the case of the wings, under the wing to the bracket and in the case of the nose, from the hole ive drilled at teh front to the channel in the bonnet. im having real problems trying to figure out how best to fix the wires in place - im certain of an sva fail if i cant hold them securely and current best guess is to get some fibreglass matting and seal the wires in. is that the best way though? also - while im here, ive now got my headlights working - except that my n/s dipped is dim compared to my o/s dipped. sideligts are fine, as are main beam, so, can i just run a link wire from the good light to the bad or will i start blowing fuses? just need to sort this out then its SVA time!

Can't help you with the repeater, although I believe that it could go on the side panel, near the top of it, about 8" in front of the windscreen. That's instead of going on the cycle wing.

(I will stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think that I am)

Your head lights are wired wrong, that's all, they should be wired as THIS.

Obviously, if you have a separate side light, then it's easy enough.

Paolow

This is how I did it. You have to put edge trim all the way around the cycle wing because the GRP is not safe for SVA. Get some small plastic P clips to hold the wires and then force the tag part of the clip ( the bit with the hole for a screw to go in ) into the gap betwwen the edge trim and the GRP. You can also use Araldite or super glue just to make sure they don't move. Mine passed SVA ok and I have done a few hundred miles without problems.

Regards

Peter ;)

Guest flightless

When i spoke to my SVA guys they told me that fitting to the side of the car rather than the cycle wings has less chance of failing (the way big jim describes). I was going to fit mine on the cycle wings but couldn't find an acceptable way of fitting or running the wires.

Guest petespine

I drilled a small hole in the cycle wing bracket tubing and fed the wire through the tubing until it comes out at the bottom and then run the wire up the outside of the cycle wing to the repeater, I held the wire in place with some stick on velcrow, which is still stuck 2 years on.

thanks for the ideas everyone - though also some depressing bits and bobs re:the sva! i have already mounted my indicators 'dalek style' on the edge of my wings though i realise it will take quite some luck to get through with them in that position. good idea about the pclips and trim tho fred - will definitely use that when its passed and i can put em back on :). my headlights definitely are wired correctly but i can only assume ive got a bad earth somewhere. god konws were it is though! what ill proly end up doing is just running a link wire over from the good unit rather than try to outwit my poltergiest electrics!