Where To Keep My Hood!

Guest sritony

Guest sritony

Hi,

I know this is a bit of a stupid topic but I am getting a bit of grief off my mam and dad for keeping the car in their garage as they cant use it (they live in a nice area right beside the beach so its handy for hitting coast and get no hassle) and every time I go to get it out it has a new box piled on top which recently they did and on top of a frame for roof and it made indentations in the leather boot! so its suffering damage too.

And I fancy bringing it back home I have a garage but I live in a pretty rubbish area (my bit of estate is ok) but surrounded by crap and when I had my locost I used it once or twice here and had kids following it and trying to jump in and shouting abuse so I am a bit worried about bringing it here but I am bit sick of going to mams 10 miles away, taking dads car off drive, moving the crap blah blah! But bringing it here am worried about the kids and the people that live round here

Am I just being stupid?

Has anyone else had this dilemma?

anyone had Jelously issues directed towards them having a kit car?

plenty of people are jealous etc just sounds like the sort near you are the type that would vandalise or nick it rather than than get off there ass and achive it for themselves.

A good alarm / laser parameter beams / cctv protect my garage and i live in a nice area... main reason being i cannot get more than £5000 insurance cover for the contents of the garage good job i,m a security engineer..

Dan

Guest chris brown

Get to know a few of the kids. Talk to them about the car and offer to take them for a trip round the block in it. Even kids from ruff areas the majority are good kids providing you treat them as people and not as scum. You will be surprised how soon they will become very protective towards the car and will make sure no one else touches it.

Guest sritony

I think Laser beams might be a bit too much. I do have 3 x 120 db alarms 2 on garage door and 1 on door leading into house, 2 padlocks on inside of garage door, and a very bright outdoor light attached inside garage and blinds you if you enter garage! and someone suggested a baby monitor in garage so if anyone brakes in you can hear them lol

but maybe been nice to kids might be a good idea! I usually say hello to them if they speak. ummmmmmmmmm what to do!

beams are accross the drive and set a buzzer off which people can hear that in itself usually puts people off because they then know they have been spotted + if you are in you can look out they also set the cams recording an event so you can review if anyone has been nosing around, having had 5 cars broke into i got a bit sick of it...

As for the car they would have to drive it without a steering wheel ( quick release) best anti theft device for an open top i can think of. £26 ebay usa and a bit of fettling...

Guest sritony

5 cars thats not good! My garage is like to the side of my drive, so stright onto the path which I guess since it is overlooked by about 10 houses and a road by it and 3 diff pathways quite secure.

Am going in garage now to clear it out and paint the floor and bringing car over on wednesday think i'll take the risk!

Guest Getting There

Hi

I agree with Chris on this. I live in what is supposed to be the worst area in Huddersfield, there are loads of kids always hanging around. Other people have real problems with them but because I actually speak to them, sort the odd puncture and stuff I have no problems with them in fact the opposite; some of them are quite interesting to speak to and are probably quite clever. The car is kept on the front lawn on many occasions which is fully open.

The majority of them are just interested and just have nothing else to do, they can be a bit cheeky, but they are only kids.

Chris

Guest sritony

Well I have painted the garage floor today and arranged to bring car back during the week as got loads of my sisters c**p to take in the opp direction so first load tonight.

Been outside most of today and not had any problems with the kids which is a plus :) so yes think i'll just make sure I talk with them if they ask look forward to having it here will be nice to work on it in the comfort of my garage my parents will never see me again though haha!!

Have you painted the intermal garage walls white by any chance as this is a great help when attempting to light it in the dark winter months as you can never have enough light.

Mike

Guest craig030774

i went to my mums when mine was last on the road and a couple of kids wandered up so i let them sit in it while i was in my mums when i got back to it they had pinched the cigarette lighter ( not too bothered as dont smoke ).

but like people have said if you get on right side of them if something should happen they will know someone who will know someone.

again they probally like the car and if they can talk to you about it and maybe take a little spin or even just sitting in it cant really see a problem

Guest sritony

I used some called international I think it was called..

I have all 4 walls roughly done just the cutting in ETC but its looking good but doubt I will have it ready for wed for car coming home so have to delay that but it makes a massive difference putting lick of paint on floor and walls looks 10x's better!