Round 3mm Crimp Terminals

peter_m7uk

Hi,

I will shortly be connecting my Premier Wiring Systems loom up, which involves joining a bunch of wires to the steering column switchgear.

I could use a load of bullet connectors to connect the cut-off ends of the wires to the new loom, but I thought it would be neater and easier

to just crimp the original kind of terminal for the multiplugs. I noticed that you can flip open a cover on each multiplug and it's easy to pop

the terminals out, so seems like a very neat way to do the job. In the pic, you can see (a bit blurred on the close-up) that they're ordinary

crimp terminals, but instead of spade ends, they are round tubes to accept the 3mm diameter pins on the switchgear. I had a bit of an internet

search, but couldn't find them. They must be standard automotive stuff, so can anyone help??? :good:

Cheers,

Peter :D

post-1247-1251741703_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I will shortly be connecting my Premier Wiring Systems loom up, which involves joining a bunch of wires to the steering column switchgear.

I could use a load of bullet connectors to connect the cut-off ends of the wires to the new loom, but I thought it would be neater and easier

to just crimp the original kind of terminal for the multiplugs. I noticed that you can flip open a cover on each multiplug and it's easy to pop

the terminals out, so seems like a very neat way to do the job. In the pic, you can see (a bit blurred on the close-up), that they're ordinary

crimp terminals, but instead of spade ends, they are round and accept the 3mm diameter pins on the switchgear. I had a bit of an internet

search, but couldn't find them. They must be standard automotive stuff, so can anyone help??? :good:

Cheers,

Peter :D

Hi Peter, try RS mate, they do almost everthing you can imagine electrical. Not the cheapest, but ok for those awkward hard to find bits.

Regards, Nick :good:

Guest qwerty_100
Hi Peter, try RS mate, they do almost everthing you can imagine electrical. Not the cheapest, but ok for those awkward hard to find bits.

Regards, Nick :good:

Hi Peter Ihave used these in the past . Vehicle wiring products LTD do a google search they do lots of kits etc. Hope this helps.Kev

Thanks Chaps,

I spoke to Alan at Premier Wiring and he said he did have them, but they've all gone. Reckons I won't get hold of any now, as they were

made specially for Ford. Never mind, bullets or soldering will do the job!

Pete