Donor Engine............

Shaft

Hi all, new builder here.

After some advice please. If i bought one of the shiny new 2.0 Zetecs from GBSC, could i send off the V5C of the donor car to DVLA and have the engine no changed to the Zetec so as to enable me to keep the age related plate without any problems at IVA / DVLA inspection, or are they too wise to this little loophole nowadays ??

Thanks. ;)

Guest robinj66

These days the DVLA are asking for written confirmation of the engine swop on the headed paper of the garage carrying out the work. They may want pics as well. There was talk of them inspecting the vehicle but I don't think anything came of that.

You shouldn't need to count the engine to get an age related plate anyway - you only need two items from :- engine; transmission; axles; suspension (back & front); steering assembly; chassis/body shell [all the major components mentioned on the form V627

These days the DVLA are asking for written confirmation of the engine swop on the headed paper of the garage carrying out the work. They may want pics as well. There was talk of them inspecting the vehicle but I don't think anything came of that.

You shouldn't need to count the engine to get an age related plate anyway - you only need two items from :- engine; transmission; axles; suspension (back & front); steering assembly; chassis/body shell [all the major components mentioned on the form V627

Thanks for that. :) Do you have to prove that the parts other than the engine came from the same car?? if so, how??

The gearbox no isn't recorded on the V5c. :wacko:

Guest Ian & Carole

I stand to be corrected, but I feel sure you need 3 items from the doner.

Guest robinj66

Shaft - as long as you have the V5 & receipt for the donor and you make the declaration on the V627/1 (see link in prev post) that should do for gearbox etc.

Zed - I think that points system applied pre-SVA

Ian - It's my understanding that it was 2 items required under SVA rules but I don't know if it has been changed with the introduction of the IVA. Certainly 2 points is the advice being given out on the Cobra Forum by a professional builder.