Iva Rule

gaz0571

came too my attention yesterday at the show anyone still building should be made aware that the front side indicators on all models should now be fitted to the outside edge of front mudguard as the ruling states it should be on the outer most edge of the vehicle,not on the side panel just below bonnet edge i hope this helps before peole start drilling holes..........................

Guest kleighton

Cheers for the info Gaz.

Are side repeaters essential for IVA ? Is it a matter of it theyre not fitted they can't be tested ?

I remember seeing a post about stick on LED ones from A1 Motor Factors, saves you having to drill through the wing too.

Here it is:

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=23947

Thanks

Keith

Hi,

Please can someone tell me where the requirement to install repeater lamps at the outside edge of the vehicle is stated in the regulations? Having just read Revision 1 of the manual dated 27/03/09, I can't see how this requirement can be derived from what is written.

There again I think that the following wording should be put forward for the gobbledigook award at the Plain English Society

ANGLES OF VISIBILITY a. Horizontal i. 80deg outwards 45deg inwards. ii. (SIDE REPEATER) To the rear between 5deg and 60deg outboard. b. Vertical i. < 750mm above the ground 15deg above and 50 below horizontal. ii. Otherwise 15deg above and below horizontal.

You could probably interpret that however you want and nobody could argue whether you were right or wrong :blink:

Guest Noddy006

Hi Folks just to add confusion I just past the retest - IVA last Friday and had moved the repeaters to the top of the front wings. They were O.K. but would have preferred them in the side of the bonnet where they were for the initial test - a fail.

Hope this helps

Ian H

Guest scrabster

hi,i was there with gaz when richard said the repeaters have to be on the outermost point of the car which is the side of the wings.he also said that they made a mistake with measurement which made the rear wing in the range but i would just put them on the front.hth.

jess.

Hi Gaz,

The advice is really welcome.

My problem is that my build is at the 5 year mark now and I installed my side repeaters when the SVA was still in force, I also have a deep hatred of poorly written and ambiguous legislation, which made me ask the question.

Cheers

Nige

Soon to have two sets of side repeater lights B)