Cooler Spark Plugs For A Pinto

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi All,

I'm currently running the standard pinto EFi plugs that the part finder catalogues list for a 2l injection Sierra, but they look like they are very hot running plugs.

I want to try some cooler running plugs now I've got a turbo nailed to the side, can anyone recommend some part numbers?

Cheers,

Dan

Guest Dan_Beeston

The plug's running temp is basically determined by (amoungst other things) by the insulator design, i.e. how quickly they gain temp from combustion and lose it to the cylinder head via conduction.

Have a look at Ian's links up here ^^^^^ lots of useful information (ta very much Ian, by the way!)

If the plug is too cold deposits will built up effecting performance, too hot and it can cause pre-ignition (something I am keen to avoid, now I am running on boost!)

Ian's NGK info was very useful, does anyone have any part numbers for cooler pinto plugs from the other brands?

Guest Dan_Beeston

Point taken! :p

Only found one other set of NGK's that look like they might work so far though (AP8somethings I think) I would prefer to use resistor plugs due to having the Megasquirt and EDIS on the car

Does any know if NGK manufacture cooler than grade 6 resistor plugs that suit the Pinto???