Will This Maintenance Charger Work?

Jamiep

This might be a daft question but will this CTEK XS800 Battery Maintenance Charger work with my Battery

It says it will charge batterys upto 32Ah but mine is 44Ah will this just mean it will take longer to charge or will it get damaged?

CTEK Multi XS3600 Battery Charger is the next one up that halfords sell but it seems over rated and cost is going up.

Also is a calcium battery still lead-acid?

Don't want to kill my battery over winter whilst its laid up.

Thanks.

Jamiep.

Jamie,

Are you just wanting to keep abattry fully charged whilst not in use or charge a battery from flat?

The first one you listed is more suitable for motobike batteries but will keep a car battery at a good level if not used over winter or long periods of time,

The second one will charge a car battery from flat and will do the same as the one above for keeping it topped up,

A battery charger will only give the battery what it actually needs, so if the battery is discharged it will raise the amps to boost it, A really good battery charger will give the battery what it needs but will slowly bring the battery back into life with a little more care,

If you charge battety too fast it wont hold that charge,

All batteries charge in the same way whether is gel or lead acid,

I would go for the more expensive charger just incase you do fully flatten the battery, if you bought the lessor one and needed to charge a flat battery you will kick youself,

Hope that helps

Dave

save your money and just disconnect the battery.

If its in good condition it will be ok being stood for a couple of weeks, reconnecting and running for 30 mins or so to recharge it. Leave it in the car, do not put it on a concrete floor, for some reason a concrete floor will kill a battery in double quick time.

I had thought of one of those solar panels but the car is in a garage and the garage is under trees, plus the QA says it is not for outdoor use?

might keep the car on the road anyway now I have the roof fitted as its not far to work and back and I'm trying to sell my audi.

I've currently have a black & decker BDV030 battery booster but its a bit pointless as it takes 15hrs to recharge after one use! glad I never bought it.

I might put the 3600 on mt xmas list ;)

Guest jusycom

I bought one from lidl for about a tenner it is exact same as the forty odd quid ctek one , it has maintenance function , full charge function, batt repair function and you can choose between bike or car battery . worth a look for a tenner. justin.

This might be a daft question but will this CTEK XS800 Battery Maintenance Charger work with my Battery

It says it will charge batterys upto 32Ah but mine is 44Ah will this just mean it will take longer to charge or will it get damaged?

CTEK Multi XS3600 Battery Charger is the next one up that halfords sell but it seems over rated and cost is going up.

Also is a calcium battery still lead-acid?

Don't want to kill my battery over winter whilst its laid up.

Thanks.

Jamiep.

I always had problems with batteries dieing over winter, although I had a number of battery chargers, they would never "rekindle" them. I used to knacker up the motorbike batteries as well, probably because the car chargers were too fierce a charge for them.

I bought the CTEK XS3600 charger (the 2nd one in your post) and use it for the normal car, the kit car and the motorbikes, it's great. I use the 16amp/hour for the landrovers with BIG batteries on!!!