Top Gear! Again

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Dont know how many of you have seen this but its worth a look.

As far as im concerned top gear should show this car, anyone with any knowledge in the kit car industry will know these are some serious bits of kit.

So why the BBC cant show support for a British Car Manufacturer is beyond me.

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=records

Joe

They have their speed-hump rule, which is why that Caparo thing got booted off the lap-time list, which I suspect would affect the Ultima too.

Or if you're in to conspiracies, I did read something (on here possibly) about some fallout between Clarkson, Noble and the Ultima guy?? :huh:

Guest Jomeo69

If it is the speedbump rule then at least show the lap surely and say afterwards say that it doesnt get over speedbumps which im pretty sure the do after seeing a few of them on the road. Quality driving too.

Joe

Guest trackerjack

I have been a Triumph fan for over 30 years and when they filled three BL cars (including a Dolomite Sprint) with water to see if they broke!! I actually thought it was funny especially when the bumber fell off the Sprint, cos that would have taken an angle grinder.

Oh how I would love to take on the Stig in my Sprint with him driving that Datsun 120Y that they claimed could get round the track faster.

I had to chuckle when they bought three old supercars and tried to drive round Castle Combe their best time was about 1min35 and I have done a 1min 28 in my old Sprint.

The fact is that the show is all for a laugh and sadly they are not on the UK side.

The Ultima is a fantastic car and once they used it nothing would better it.

Guest salty_monk

Yes it's a shame... I met the US importer a year or so back, he's in Florida but he's a brit. Grew up on the Formula Fords, Formula 2000 etc up at Brands Hatch. Nice bloke. We were racing corvettes round a track in Georgia...! 450BHP anyone :D

Guest salty_monk

This statement from that link:

I would also like to clarify to everybody that our GTR720 will clear all speed humps and anybody whom doubts this fact is welcome to visit our factory so that we can demonstrate this to them first hand."

Dan :)

There's a bit about the Top Gear run in this months Complete Kit Car on page 7.

Quote "And, unlike the Ferrari (FXX) the ultima could be- and was- driven to and from its track test, even negotiating those all inportant speed bumps!"

There's even an 800 bhp monster to unleash yet, as the test car was a lowly 720 brake.

mental !