Bike Carbs Part 2

Thrashed

Hi guys.

I am after peoples thought and opinions on 600cc verus's 900cc bike carbs. Do they offer the same performance or is there a big difference. Prices seem to be a lot less for the 600cc carbs so if they do not make much difference would I be better buying these?

Look forward to hearing.

Steve

down to max choke sizes some are 34mm mine are 36mm others 38mm.

what are you replacing an why

hi wooly. Building a 2.0 205 pinto for my zero. Was going to go twin 40's but bike carbs seems the better option. Any idea what the choke sizes are on Honda and kwaker carbs. What set up have you got?

i don't know other exact sizes but my zx6r 2002 carbs are 36mm which it what a lot of 40 45s are choked at.

just my view but out and out top end power the webers may have the edge, but on a camy engine the CV bike carbs make it so much more drivable low down.

woolly

i don't know other exact sizes but my zx6r 2002 carbs are 36mm which it what a lot of 40 45s are choked at.

just my view but out and out top end power the webers may have the edge, but on a camy engine the CV bike carbs make it so much more drivable low down.

woolly

thanks Woolly. good to get some first hand experiences. Now to hunt down some carbs!

I'm also putting a 205 Pinto in my Zero. Just sent my 900 blade carbs, 38mm bore (full power versions) to Bogg Bros for set up, re jet etc....... alloy inlet manifold also, not like the steel ones from GBS .

Going for a R32 or R33 cam (not sure yet) and mega jolt. Hoping to get @ 150 - 155bhp from it??

HTH in your decision.

Nick.

I'm also putting a 205 Pinto in my Zero. Just sent my 900 blade carbs, 38mm bore (full power versions) to Bogg Bros for set up, re jet etc....... alloy inlet manifold also, not like the steel ones from GBS .

Going for a R32 or R33 cam (not sure yet) and mega jolt. Hoping to get @ 150 - 155bhp from it??

HTH in your decision.

Nick.

Mine pumps out 130bhp with standard injection head and cam just as a guide.

Dan

Mine pumps out 130bhp with standard injection head and cam just as a guide.

Dan

thanks Dan. Your set up is just what I am looking to do. how does the bestek perform? Most people want to use mega jolt. What inlet manifold did you use?

Thanks Steve

Steve, sorry to barge in with off topic questions on your post mate, but, Dan.........

Whats the Bestek system?? I've never heard of it.

Always have my ears open to advice mate, only mentioned Megajolt due to having used it before.

Thanks,

Nick.

Guest scrabster
Steve, sorry to barge in with off topic questions on your post mate, but, Dan.........

Always have my ears open to advice mate, only mentioned Megajolt due to having used it before.

Thanks,

Nick.

hi, i run a similar set up to dan,ie 2lt pinto,piper287 fast road cam&vernier pully,polished and ported head,fireblade carbs on gbs manifold&piper filter,lightened flywheel and bestek ignition which consists of new dizzy with all the electronic gubbins inside,new module and sports coil.dead easy to set up and never missed a beat so far.£180 from ebay.hth.

jess.

Thanks,

Nick.

hi

the Bestek system is non vac distributor with pre mapped advance curve up to 15,000 rpm, a coil module and electronic module.

Its plug and play, set timing at around 10deg static and youre away.....very good and the service is good from Bestek

£165 exchange distributor

well worth the money

http://www.bestekuk.co.uk/

Paul