Gbs

speedtripledan

Typed gbs into google and this came up.

What is GBS?

GBS is short for 'Guillain-Barré syndrome' (pronounced Ghee-lan Bar-ray). It is an acute disease of the peripheral nervous system in which the nerves in the arms and legs become inflamed and stop working. This causes sudden weakness leading to limb paralysis, and a loss of sensation, sometimes with pain.

Guest sadjagboy

Unfortunately, I am well acquainted with Guillain Barre Syndrome, both my Grand Father and my Father both suffered from it, both when age 72. It is not hereditary and my Grandfather made an almost complete recovery and lived a pretty full life for another 23 years, which is not bad given that he was completely paralysed, bar chest muscles and facial muscles, at one point.

One of the funny things I remember from that time is that he did insist on his bed being moved to the window to see the new 308 GT4 that a friend of my Father's loaned him to take us to Aberdeen to see the old boy. Easy to work out where my obsession with cars came from!

My Father has made a pretty full recovery now and is looking forward to driving my 2b, I'll just have to get it finished! :rolleyes: