Spare Wheel Carrier

Guest jimmylegs

Guest jimmylegs

Hi guys, Can't make my mind up if i like the spare wheel and carrier on the back of my 2b, and to be honest it would give me that bit of extra space in my tiny garage if it was cut off, I don't carry a spare in my other car just a foot pump and a can of tyre weld.

So whats your oppinions? and also any pics with and without would be good..

Jim..

Hi guys, Can't make my mind up if i like the spare wheel and carrier on the back of my 2b, and to be honest it would give me that bit of extra space in my tiny garage if it was cut off, I don't carry a spare in my other car just a foot pump and a can of tyre weld.

Jim..

Mine has been chopped off, but on a personal note I do think the carrier with spare wheel looks better.

Phil Shelton could demonstrate with a photo his daughter took on the M1 with three hoods abreast,

Sorry Phil cant find my copy.

Andi

post-2933-1263045436_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

Your car your choice.

I like the look of the car with the spare in place, it also offers some more protection to the fuel tank if the worst happened.

Some of use have also used the hoop for a tow bar. :D

smallways001-1.jpg

Trailer is for sale by the way if any one is interested.

Guest jimmylegs
it also offers some more protection to the fuel tank if the worst happened.

This is true, and i think that pic with the 3 cars on the motorway has convinced me to leave on..

Guest AndyJones

quote name='jimmylegs' date='Jan 9 2010, 01:46 PM' post='193966']

Jim..

Hi, ive chopped mine off,

but still with a view of it slugging back in place, by welding 2 pieces of box section in the open ends of the wheel carrier. This will then, let me slide it back in place, and 2 bolts through to hold in place, if i ever go on a long run and if i ever finish my build. I have also attached a back plate with 2 wheel nuts welded on to the bracket, and then attach the bracket to the rear of the chassis. from top to bottom Then i have 2 holes in the body hidden under the number plate for 2 extended wheel bolts to go throught to secure the wheel to the car restting in the wheel carrier at the same time. The number plate light is in a place so the wheel will no clash with it when on. The electrics will be detachble to suit either wheel on or off by a small plug, and so on.

here are a few pics if helps Andy

post-3583-1263064595_thumb.jpg

post-3583-1263064619_thumb.jpg

post-3583-1263064632_thumb.jpg

post-3583-1263064641_thumb.jpg

post-3583-1263064655_thumb.jpg

post-3583-1263064764_thumb.jpg