Wiring Advice For Rh Loom & Bright 6 Warning Light Module

Guest jaybeee

Guest jaybeee

Advice needed I have a RH Wiring loom and Bright 6 Warning Light Module. I have wired the bright 6 as directed in the documents that came with it but when I connect up to Ignition light it all works, as it should but when I turn off the ignition and remove the key the engine continues to run!

Someone suggested that I checked the voltage on the alternator. On my alternator there is 1 wiring block with 3 wires connected to it the 2 bigger wires connect to the battery and the smaller 3rd wire I have connected to the bright 6 unit, the only other wire is a single wire that connects to the auto choke unit.

Can anyone see where I've gone wrong?

Many thanks for any advice.

Jason

:huh:

Jason It sounds to me that you are getting a feed back to the ignition Green wire from the alternator through the Bright 6 when you turn off the ign.switch. I have had this problem on some systems and to overcome it you need to fit a small diode into the ignition supply wire to stop the feed returning to the switch. Hope that this will help you sort out your fault.

Regards

Martin

Hi,

not had a prob with my B6 and looking at the diagram there is alredy a diode built in to the charge light circuit. There is bypass resistor but this just to replace the initial exitation through the original bulb I dont think this would last long powering the car. To confirm its feedback have you tried without the green wire connected to the bright6. Another issue could be down to relays the old Ford relays have a different pin out to standard parts, the new loom will be wired for standard relays.

Goodluck

Jez

Guest jaybeee
I had to put in a diode too.....

Thanks for this but I don't know much about diode if I was to buy some to put in to you loom what would I have to get and where I would I get them from?

Guest jaybeee
Try something like a 1N5400 from Maplins, wire it in series in the green wire to the B6. Basically cut the green wire to the B6 and solder the end on the diode with the white band (cathode) to the B6 side of the wire and plain end (anode) to other side.

Jez

Cheers Jez the diode worked perfectly.

Jason