Sva Test Result.

Guest Guy

Guest lopsylu

Guy,

Great news on the pass, well done mate.

Can I ask if the self centering problem you had first time was sorted by the new track control arms, or was there more to it? Did you need to re-drill the ARB mounting holes? I measured my caster recently and it's completely different on each side, so was hoping your problem was just the arms and that my problem would be sorted by new 'uns.

I'll have to take a small detour off the M25 up the M11 the next time I go to see my folks in Essex to see what a Sub-K is meant to look like!!

Cheers

Graeme.

Well done Guy. :D :D

Hopefully we will see you at some of the events the East Anglia group have planned. :p

And the Diss meetings First one the 7th March. Contact me if you need more information. B)

Thanks for all that, I've already done 300 miles just going to and from Norwich.

I fixed the self centering by changing the lower track controll arms and the compilence bushes, I originally used the ones out of the doner but they were a bit crushed and altering the caster, this helped a bit.

I drilled new holes for the anti roll bar mounts about 10mm in front of the old ones to move the bottom of the wheels forward and increase the caster some more.

I still wasn't satisfied so I adjusted the tracking to give it more toe-out, this made a big difference but it needs setting straight again as it wanders a bit.

I'll certainly come to some of the shows (thanks Piddy) but I've got lots of work to do first, the Sierra steering wheel has already come off! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lopsylu

Guy,

I thought I would follow your example and have a look at my track control arms to sort out the incorrect caster. It turned out I only needed to replace the near side one, so seeing as at present I dont have the time to nip down the breakers I thought I'd used one of those web based searches and get the part delivered.

Here, according to Bells Breakers in Co. Durham is my new N/S/F track control arm:

Marvellous!!

post-9-1078352581.jpg

I dont have the time to nip down the breakers

What the Flippin eck are you going to the breakers for????

they are £12 brand new with all the bushes etc from a decent motor factors!!!

(And I do mean track control arms, not the steering rack!)

Guest lopsylu
What the Flippin eck are you going to the breakers for????

Because the part was a fiver from the breakers with effectively free delivery due to ordering alloys with it, and the cheapest I could find in 2004 in the South West for new ones was £18.86. £13.86 buys a lot of baby food!

My lower track controll arms were £40 from RHSC inc P&P (I like to give them the business if I can) but they didn't come with the compliance bushes! I had to get these from a local motor factor for £6 the pair.

The same local motor factors also wanted £40 for a pair of arms. As you say, thats a lot of baby food, and shoes! but it needed to be done.