2b Coil Overs

Guest nurburg2006

I think the reason no one appears very helpful on this is that you have already found who makes the sliding pillar to wishbone conversion kit. GBS and they charge what they charge. There is no one else regularly doing them although some fabricators might give it a go if you present them with design drawings. I imagine that would be more expensive. There have been a couple of one offs and there is nothing to stop you doing your own design but if you must convert I would go with GBS.

Nigel

Guest fathead

Probably a stupid question. Does anyone know what the rear coilovers are from? Eg sierra etc.. If so then I can keep an eye out on ebay. If not then if anyone has a rear coilover that they could measure for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest carlwhite

Probably a stupid question. Does anyone know what the rear coilovers are from? Eg sierra etc.. If so then I can keep an eye out on ebay. If not then if anyone has a rear coilover that they could measure for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Fathead, I have a set for sale on ebay, springs and converted struts are Zinc Plated, Shock Absorbers included, fitted to my 2b, no longer required. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Regards

Carlosfandango

Guest fathead

Hi Fathead, I have a set for sale on ebay, springs and converted struts are Zinc Plated, Shock Absorbers included, fitted to my 2b, no longer required. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Regards

Carlosfandango

Hi Carl

Thanks for that. It was me that sent you the message on ebay. My situation is that I currently have this setup but one of the shocks seems to have gone and the struts look a bit tatty. The options available to me are :

1: To purchase a direct replacment for what I have (IE, buy yours off ebay).

2: Buy some new struts off ebay and cut them down myself (£30 + shocks)

3: Go to Dampertech and buy the coilovers for the back and fabricate some brackets (£200)

4: Find out the size of coilover I need and source off ebay.(£30??)

5: Go the whole hog and do a full coilover/wishbone conversion and get the whole lot from GBSC (£500/600)

Still not sure what to do at the moment. My prefered option would be number 4 but if it is going to cost me next to nothing to just replace what I have then I will do that. If anyone can give me some guidance regarding the size of the coilover need it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Carl

Steve