Wanted, Someone To Build Exhaust Header

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Nigel, it is only because I have the clam wings that I don't want the exhaust above them. Think it would look bad. If the primaries come to just below the wing before coming out the body, then going into a pair, a removable joint here on both secondaries before going into the 2:1 joint should allow enough movement to remove the header from the head without too much hassle.

Even if I buy the manifold flange and kit as shown above, I can get some more tube to make the longer primaries and some extra bends to pop out as explained. It comes down to cosmetics really. I haven't seen an exhaust coming over rthe rail and above clam wings. If I see one then perhaps my decision may change?

My Dad is making a manifold and exhaust for ours (my disability prevents me from helping unfortunately :( )

It's looking good so far. Pity he doesn't have more spare time, summer is approaching fast! :o

Nick

4337605408_c3910b2798.jpg

I have the clam wings that I don't want the exhaust above them
Hm. That's a pretty good objection to over the top manifolds. Personaly don't like the clamshells and their tendency to lift the front end of the car at speed. I would think about removing them. Then you can over the top with the manifold.

Your dads work looking good Nick.

Nigel

Guest The Modfather

Yep, that's it Nick, looks nice and clean too. Where did you get your parts?

The only thing that puts me off the cycle wings is when driving in the rain and getting permanently showered, especially on a bend when the spray direction is towards you.

Yep, that's it Nick, looks nice and clean too. Where did you get your parts?

The only thing that puts me off the cycle wings is when driving in the rain and getting permanently showered, especially on a bend when the spray direction is towards you.

He can source the stainless tubing via his work. I think they use Berkeley Stainless

Also found these on ebay Exhaust Parts Uk

Ordered a cone from them on monday - came today, seem good.

cheers

Nick