Wanted, Someone To Build Exhaust Header

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

I was with Kev on Saturday. I will PM him if he hasn't already read this. I don't want mine to exit over the clam wings but in a similar place as the pinto exit.

I know its on the other side before someone says it :rolleyes:

Guest scrabster
Jess, your link won't work, can you try again please mate? Thanks

Darren

sorry mate im crap with putors.

www.mijperformance.com

www.ashleycompetitionexhausts.com

here are the web sites but better to ring them,i much prefer to talk than type. :D

jess.

Guest The Modfather

Thanks for link. Just need a welder :D It seems a fair price, have my eye on a welder so might go this route if my other line of enquiry doesn't produce the goods.

Guest The Modfather
I was chatting to Kev last night and it looks like he is waiting for a prototype to measure up and return.

I think he mentioned a price of approx £150 depending on quantity.

Seems a fair price Larry. Cheaper would be better :D Do you think he'll be able to drop it down past the top side rail and exit under my clam wing, as it is now? The kit that is shown in the above link looks good, but I would probably have to get more down tube so that it exits where I want it to, ans seeing as I haven't used a welder for 20+ years, I would rather pass that task to someone who will give me complete seams, than have holes and lumps everywhere.

Ok mate, I'll await either your's or Kev's reply on this one.

Many thanks

Darren

at the mo ashly exhausts are trialing a prototype , they have jiged up my old lightweight zetec ex manifold .

we are waiting for the prototype to arrive to check it fits .

it is an over the top design !ie over the top rail .

it will be in 44mm ish size to suit the st ex size this if bigger than standard wont affect the standard zetec engins .

the rhsc one is i think arround 37mm and is strangling my engine .

the cost agreed is for £230 for the manifold and that includes ceramic coating as they are mild steel .

das if you need one that goes through the side then they will need something to copy , may also need a few more orders to make worthwhile jigging up for it .

graham

Guest The Modfather
at the mo ashly exhausts are trialing a prototype , they have jiged up my old lightweight zetec ex manifold .

we are waiting for the prototype to arrive to check it fits .

it is an over the top design !ie over the top rail .

it will be in 44mm ish size to suit the st ex size this if bigger than standard wont affect the standard zetec engins .

the rhsc one is i think arround 37mm and is strangling my engine .

the cost agreed is for £230 for the manifold and that includes ceramic coating as they are mild steel .

das if you need one that goes through the side then they will need something to copy , may also need a few more orders to make worthwhile jigging up for it .

graham

Hi Graham. I will probably end up buying the kit from Ebay and give it a go. Let me know if anything changes though.

Thanks

Darren

230 for ceramic coated manifold is a good price. Not sure what the objection to over the rail exhausts is. From the practical point of view it's easier to build with equal length headers, it will have fewer bends and they can be gentler radius, so it will be easier to make it perform. It will also be easier to remove and fit. My old pinto exhaust required the cylinder head off or the engine moving to get it in and out.

What length are the primaries going to be Graham? Is it 4:1 or 4:2:1? How are they going to accomodate different width chassis, LW, 2B and zero? Will it have a lambda bung?

Nigel