Rear Light Alingment

paul_r

I have started to mount my RH rear lights cluster onto the rear wings I managed to get them perpendicular to the road but noticed the driver's light is not perpendicular to the direction of travel (outside edge is closer to the front of the car than the inner edge?) in aircraft terms the yaw plane. This is due to the shape of the rear wing when formed and rivetted it on.

has anyone had this and is this ok? or do I need to try and mod the rubber base to try and get perpendicular to the road and direction of travel.

Just fitted mine as verticle as poss for SVA and was OK. Stuck mine on with contact adhesive and stuck the innards onto rubber too. Then you only need to drill one small hole for the wires. Run a piece of black insulation tape around the lens to base join as it can be very sharp. Stuck the wires inside wheel arch with sealant and over painted with rubber cote. More concern to get the fog light verticle on some kind of bracket.