Shortening A Prop Shaft

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Hi

Sorry about this having nothing to do with my hood but while waiting for the good old DVLA (to issiue me with a vin No) have been helping a friend with his project (A small block Chevy motor in an Anglia)

Motor and box are in and runnig but we need some help in finding somebody to make a Prop shaft, does anybody know anyone (preferably in the north west) who can do this.

Thanks Phil

There's a couple of places who advertise in the kit car mags - propshaft manufacture, balancing etc;

Dunning & Fairbank LTD

Cross Green Rise, Cross Green Approach, Leeds, LS9 0SD

Tel:0113 248 8788

Fax: 0113 248 9619

Autoprop

Tel: 01342 322623

Mob: 07762 384164

Reco-Prop(UK) LTD

Unit 4, Newtown Trading Estate, Chase St, Luton, Beds

Tel: 01582 412110

HTH :)

Guest trevor hooley

There is a firm in Morecambe, based on white lund... all they manufacture are custom propshafts, out of any material ie carbon etc.... i think its called GTS, but youll find them in the yellow pages

karl

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Thanks for all the contacts :)

Jim will give you a ring and check your in early next week if thats OK, Kev (Spannerman ) is planning on coming with me so best put the milkman on standby. :ph34r:

Phil

Propshaft technology in Rotherham is ver good!

I've used them twice, first was to have a prop made £80 and the second to have one shortened £35 each done in about two days, also very good workmanship.

Tel:01709382422

Cheers Mark

Guest graham dockerill

Phil, nothing to do with prop shafts but you said you were waiting for a VIN number. If you move you will get one quicker, I sent a V627? for build up inspection to the local DVLA at Ipswich last week, the next day had a call on my mobile from a very helpfull man who sent me a VIN the next day in the post. Result fron the usually unhelpfull. B)

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Hi Graham

Have got my build up inspection on tuesday, then the so and so at my local office is going to issiue my VIN No :wacko:

Wont even let me drive it there. :boohoo:

Phil

Hi Phil,

I think you'll find that you are allowed to drive it there, if he sais you can't then he's wrong, just turn up in it. I've got my built up inspection soon (after SVA) in Peterborough and I'm going to drive it. They also gave me my chassis number a couple of months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil in Cheshire

Hi all

Prop shaft is sorted and can recomend them North West Propsfafts only cost £38 to shorten and balance it. :D :D :D

VIN is now sorted as well, and SVA is early March. :D :D :D :D

Cant wait to smile and be legal ( if you have been there you know what i mean) :ph34r:

Phil

PS thanks for the tea Jim B)