Vicky Green To Sierra Stalks

steve_wilson

hi all

i'm currently struggling with my column stalks. i've connected them up as per the original vicky green wiring diagram. however, i've found that the o/s/f headlight gets no feed or earth on any of the wires no matter what position the stalks are in and the n/s/f headlight only gets the sidelight and full beam.

after a bit of reasearch on here i found there was an amended version of the wiring diagram that i hope you can all see here:

vgloom.jpg

is this correct? i dont want to spend all that time wiring only to find i had it right to start with.

OR it would be even better if someone could tell me what wire goes where. i.e. blue to pruple/black

Many thanks, Steve

after swearing at the loom and hoping it would sort itself i finally bit the bullet and just got stuck in.

i gotta admit the diagram looks a lot scarier than it actually it.

managed to get everything working now apart the the headlights - they are constantly on. the left had side column switch works fine i.e. switching from dipped to main.

but the right hand stalk doesn't make any difference when changed from off, to sides, to dipped. my guess ive put a constant live somewhere i shouldnt have.

does anyone know what colour wire/s the right hand headlight control stalk is?

Thanks

Guest Ian & Carole

Steve

Not my strong poin but the stalk wiring has been done to death on here three or four times this year already, try doing a search from the top task bar and see what you can find out.

IIRC some switches are live fed and some are earth fed ?? if that makes sence ??

thanks for the advice and picture chaps

managed to get it finished tonight. took a fair bit of understanding and some research but i got it there.

i'll post up the pictures i used to help me and hopefully someone else will benefit from it!