New Kit Ordered!

Guest AndyJW

Guest AndyJW

Hi All,

Firstly Im new to this forum business so hope this is posted in the correct section. I was at Detling yesterday and the guys from GBS could not be more helpful. I was ready to order one of three kits and the service and help that they gave me is second to none. So I put down deposit on a Zero kit. Now the fun starts as this is my first build, just got 5 weeks before delivery to finally finishe the garage.

Hopefully there is some helpfull and friendly peep's on here and look forward to makeing new friends in the world of kit cars!!

Regards

Andy

P.S Im in bedfordshire if there are any builder/owners near would be great to hear you advise and experiences!!!

Hi Andy,

I'm in Bedfordshire too (Sandy to be exact). I'm currently also building a Zero and am currently heading to rolling chassis stage.

As a newbie builder myself I cannot recommend the guys on here more. There is so much information it's scary, always worth doing a search as many questions have been asked before.

All the best for your build, I'm sure it'll be an "interesting" experience, mine has been so far!!

Dan

Guest AndyJW
Hi Andy,

I'm in Bedfordshire too (Sandy to be exact). I'm currently also building a Zero and am currently heading to rolling chassis stage.

As a newbie builder myself I cannot recommend the guys on here more. There is so much information it's scary, always worth doing a search as many questions have been asked before.

All the best for your build, I'm sure it'll be an "interesting" experience, mine has been so far!!

Dan

well thanks for the reply Dan, Im just down the road in Biggleswade so you might get a few questions fired your way!!!

Guest dinger

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on ordering your Zero, Definately the right choice, I'd not looked at many other kits myself before buying but now about 50% through the build I havnt really come across anything that frightens me,

I'm not a million miles away in Cheshunt Herts, youre more than welcome to come round and have a look, chat and a cup of tea,

Wait for the "4 sleeps till collection" feeling, Lol

Dave

Hi Andy,

Welcome aboard mate! :good:

You'll not regret your purchase at all, and as Dave say's above, there's nothing frightening about the build at all.

I'm also 50% through my build and have loved every minute of it, and in no small part, because of the amount of

help and guidance available on here.

The Zero is a doddle to build, in my opinion, compared to what some of the chaps on here have had to overcome

with a 2B build. I take my hat of to them. :hi:

Let the count down begin.

Nick.

Guest gixerboy600

Welcome abaord the goo ship Zero!!!!!!!!!!

I have not had mine that long but as said already, this is a great source of info and the guys at GBS are really helpfull but more than that genuinely interested in every customers build and experience!!!

Enjoy the journey

Cheers

John

Welcome how about going to your local meeting ie Herts is normaly 1 sunday of the month but due to

Detlling it is this Next Sunday THE GEORGE IV PUBLIC HOUSE, BALDOCK, SG7 6LZ from 11.30.

The RHOCaR membership is a wise investment for £15 can be done on line LINK

Stephen

Guest chris brown

Hi Andy

Welcome to the mad house. If you can drag your self away from the garage why not come to the local meet next Sunday 11th (normally first Sunday of the month except when there's a show) at the George V pub in Baldock see click here for more details

Guest The Modfather

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I would suggest that you just ask any question rather than looking back over tons of replies. I found that by asking for yourself, you get the best answers from all that have been posted before, as those replies are the best remembered by everyone else, and are usually tried and tested by everyone!

I would rather look an idiot for 2 minutes by asking a daft question, than be an idiot for ever and not ask!

When you get your kit, invite the local guys around for a chat. I asked one guy round and got 5 in the end :D

The best club and forum around.

Hope to see you at a meet some time.

Welcome again :D

Guest Sharky

Welcome to another Zero builder!

I've been doing mine for a year now - I ordered it at Detling last year. I agree with other's comments, there's nothing difficult in the build, it's just things like work and family that have got in the way of me being further on than I would have liked! ;-) I am still thoroughly enjoying it and have been rejuvenated after this weekend's show to get my finger out and finish it!

Top tips - don't spend too much time reading the 'build manual', join RHOCar as a member and ask anything you like on here and somebody will have been in that position already and can answer the question, measure three times and cut just once and never ever ever use a grinder anywhere near your tin top or it will go ginger next time it rains! (been there and done that last Summer)

Apart from that welcome and enjoy!

Regards

Sharky