Tyres On Wheels

Guest rizla

Guest Andy Rathbone

rizla i dont have spangly rs alloys but mine are the same size as yours, i went for 185 65 14 T rated uniroyal raylles they are good in the dry and excellent in the wet so i'm told without being tooo soft, if you want realy soft yokohama 539's a word of warning watch your speed rating!! and dont over tyre it else it will be no fun, you wont get it sideways :D i havnt managed to try mine yet im still building it but this summer is looking realy promising

Guest Mr Pid

What psi are people running their tyres on?

I seem to remember RHSC stating that it is about 17psi, but i wen to pump my tyres up as they looked low and they had 17 psi in each which looked really flat! :(

Obviously cos of the wieght of the car it cant be too high or will be just sliding everywhere.

Any ideas?

Stu :D

Guest Andy Rathbone

this was mentioned on a previous thread i think the general consensus was 23psi all round, if your speedo reads out on the sva try dropping it to 20 it will make a diffrence ;)

Guest chris brown

Stu. I’m running 195/50R15 yokohama 539's and after lots of testing I settled on 19lb rear 18lb front stacks of grip but they are showing signs of misuse :D at 5500 miles.

I run with 21lb on 185/60 x 14" and get good even wear (Mark 3 monocoque) I would suggest that as the 2B is heavier, to try 23lb psi. 17lb psi is too low IMHO.

You may need to experiment around that area if you have different tyre / wheel sizes.

Guest FIRSTBUILD

the world is changing - the car with 226bhp proven ! will have pre owned wheels- still I expect they can be lightned polished balanced and modded and fitted with two hundred mph rubber bands !!

Steve ^_^

Guest rizla

:D :lol: :lol: now i wish it would do 200,but i think that may be a tad optomistic,

still if i go and get another nitrous kit :huh: that might just do it with a turbo as well

i know its sad but in the short time ive had my hands on the car i cant remember what psi i had in the tyres, guess il have to experiment

when i get it (sorry i mean IF) :blink:

i know its sad but in the short time ive had my hands on the car i cant remember what psi i had in the tyres,guess il have to exsperiment

They will all be flat now it's been stood for so long :D :lol: :D

Mitch

Guest rizla

:lol: good point

oh and ive changed my mind im keeping the gb wheels(gold ones)as they are lighter and as they are 13 inch they have less gyroscopic effect :)

Edited by rizla