Fuel Guage Sender.

garethbowers

Hi all what would be the norm in regards to the fuel guage sender used in a 2b? mine has a float,and a flow and return pipe from it and is approx 65-70mm in diameter. The thing is, i am trying to find out the resistance values of it so i can try and get it to work correctly with my vaux digi dash.

Mucho appreciated

Gareth

After a quick google to toggle the memory it might be 180 full 10 empty.

Pull the sender out of the tank, wash off petrol, connect multimeter, test at full and empty to get readings.

Next use rule to measure available depth of tank from flange to bottom. This must be the same for the float on full droop. You can shorten and/or bend the float arm to get the correct range of movement of the float. You can even reverse the float arm if the gauge reads full when empty etc.

Nigel

Nigel your a trooper mate. I thought was gonna be a b1tch lo. So basically measure from flange to bottom of the tank. If its say 400mm then the flange to the bottom of the float wants to be the same? I take it if i wanted to creat a "reserve" i could make the float say 20-30mm smaller?

Cheers for the info appreciated.

No problem. The only proviso is that the gauge and sender must match. Above is what I did and it works fine. Just as accurate as the gauge in the tin top. Getting into adding resistors is best avoided if like me you are electronically challenged and a simple mechanical solution can be found.

Nigel

hello mate. well i have a lil problemo as the guage and sender dont match so i have to add resisters etc. Should be ok tho as i have a friend who recons he can fix it... The digi dash looks quite noce too me thinks.