Kitcar

Guest Dom

Guest Andy Rathbone

i'm pushing 4 years, may 20th will be the official aniversary of when i picked the kit up, the length of time it takes depends on how much you can put in and to what level of quality you want the finished product, it also depends on if you have a life. eg kids, wife, holidays, other hobbies, etc etc. do a bit at a time and try and finish somthing every time you work on it. It will take at least twice as long as you think its going to! :blink: nothing worth achieving is ever easy, else everyone would be doing it :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest timswait

Mine took almost exactly 12 months. Got the kit after doing my A-Levels with the intention of getting it done over the summer holidays: didn't happen! Then had the intention of getting it finsished over Christmas holidays:didn't happen. Then had intention of finishing over Easter hoildays: nearly happpened! Finally finished in first couple of weeks of summer holidays. Moral: it always takes longer than you think. It's now been on the road 2 years and is getting somewhere close to finished! Maybe time to look for a new project!

A certain Staffs member built one from start to finish in 10 days and went to LeMans in it. He got the dates wrong and had to hurry a bit.

Mind you this was his 6th robin hood build...

I built mine in 7 months at about 25 hours a week and a couple of breaks. So about 550 hours.

I have redone a fair bit in the 7 years since.