You Will Never Believe What My Wife Said To My Today!

Guest pixie clarke

Guest pixie clarke

You will never believe what my wife said to my today! (Whilst bring me a lovely Cup of tea) :)

She said “WHERE’S THE CD PLAYER, and YOUVE BEEN IN HERE FOR THREE MONTHS AND IT LOOKS WORSE” :sorry:

I know that doesn’t should funny but the Car has only just got its four wheels back on (basically a rolling chasse), i brought this 3 months ago as a part built, but I have striped it and started again. (it needed it)

So i said when engine starts that will be the cd player :D , but he thought a was made and left me to it

I thought about saying i must need more time on it, but didn’t chance it as I’m out here most evenings at the moment, and she hasn’t said a word (wonderful wife) :air_kiss:

Paul

Guest TerryBarry

Based on previous experience

Keep your head down

Keep working on the car

Keep quiet and certainly don't disagree with the missus

Keep accepting those cups of tea with gratuitous thanks and comments of "Yes dear" etc. and "any chance of a sandwich" - it depends how brave you are !!

Guest fathead

You're a lucky man. 3 months in the garage is something I can only dream of. At the moment it feels like I have to ask for time like a present. Birthday, fathers day etc. At the moment I am having to sneeak in the odd evening here and there. I was thinking of sending her on a weekend spa break just so I can spend some time on the car! :spiteful:

It's your own fault;they all need training from an early age in the delights of mechanical dirt,grease & noise. My lovely wife knows all the tools by name, what they are for & where they live. Can cut a fairly straight line across 100 x 6 plate with-out complaint;cleans the workshop beautifully & makes very good tea + bacon sarnies. :rolleyes:

Guest Vindi_andy

Florin, Couldnt agree more. Told mine if she wanted to come in the car she had to help out on it. She got to know a lot of the major components and tools. She even labeled up the wiring loom for me and then let me spread it out on the lounge floor (on a clean tarp) so we could do the necessary mods when it was too wet to lay it out on the ground outside (no room in the garage was full of chassis).

She surprised the heck out of the local garage mechanic when she took her car for a service and correctly identified a gearbox when she walked past the open roller door. She said he did a cartoon like double take and then asked how she knew.

So train them well and you can get all the time you need :friends:

My wife lets me spend lots of time in the garage with words of encouragement like "is that car not finished yet?", "go to your garage and leave me in peace!" and "you know you still have to finish the kitchen when you've done that car?"! Seriously though I have no complaints and she even brings me cups of tea at appropriate intervals. One of the pre conditions for buying the kit was that I had to build her a "studio" for all her crafting (a posh insulated shed!). Make sure your partner has a hobby as well, nagging is not a hobby!

Guest peter2b2002

when I was building mine, my wife just went to play with her horse or go to a garden centre and get loads of plants when ever I got some thing new for my 2b

peter2b

Guest Vindi_andy

Regards the CD player we fitted a cheap Aldi stereo and some half price ripspeed speakers.

Just the thing at low speed and can still be heard and 65mph when cruising (as long as you crank up the volume) even by the kids in the back

When in "drive it like you stole it " mode forget the stereo dont need it exhaust sound is enough and beside cant hear it anyway even with it cranked up

Guest The Modfather

I had to have a loft conversion done to put our bedroom up there, whilst our old bedroom was turned into a beauty salon for her business. Sadly she seems to forget this fact when I ask for a little time in the garage. She also seems to forget this when she wants to go out in the hood for a spin down the lanes. I say "I still need to do blah blah blah..." she replies "Well get on with it" then when I say "I'm popping into the garage for a tinker" She replies "What now, again?"

Can't live with them, can't live with them! :give_rose: