Just Got Some New Gauges...

harvs

I've been wanting some new gauges for a while now. I've been interested in the ETB gauges, but the increase to £250 for the '7' 5 gauge set made me look to see if there's anything a little cheaper.

So, after some 'research' on ebay, got a set of smiths gauges for £30 + postage. Got the speedo, rev, temp, oil pressure, fuel and volts.

Some of the bezels look as though they need some attention, but a respray in something like satin black should freshen them up.

No doubt I'll be along again (maybe winter...!) asking how to wire them up!

Thought I'd post in case this is useful for anyone else wanting to save a few pennies!

Cheers

Harvs

4787801818_9a6bf72b45.jpg

Guest old_timbo

They look like they might have come out of a MGB. I've got a set out of a Triumph Dolomite that I'm going to use, which are similar but without the warning lights. Think there is someone on eBay that is selling replacement bezels and glass if yours are beyond redemption.

Tim

Guest Stuartl

look good but what on earth are the warning lights labelled 'tafficator' for ?

It's tRafficator Agent Zed.

Tafficators were only found on models built in Wales.

:lol:

Guest Stuartl

Stuart,

Dan is in Wales.... (well almost!! .... the wild side of the Severn!!)

you should know that coming from Glorrstur!

LOL

I know Pete! He is a closet Forrester :rofl: :lol:

trying to think which car they are from TR5/6?

The email listing has them as coming from a Reliant Scimitar. A bit more searching and they look to be from a Scimitar GTE SE5 series. Maybe something like this one or this.

This (pic attached) might help with some wiring

or this site all things Smiths

Fantastic, just the job. The Smiths link has got some really interesting stuff on - thanks!

Stuart,

Dan is in Wales.... (well almost!! .... the wild side of the Severn!!)

you should know that coming from Glorrstur!

LOL

Dan may well be in wales but iam not :unknw: , you are mixing my name up with Schranz :acute:

easily done as it was a while ago we all met up.

I am definitely in the Forest though (well on the edge of it really - don't like to go too far in as i might not come back)

yep iam afraid iam too young to have seen the term 'Trafficator' before... looks like it could be a useful warning light though as i can't see mine in the day as they aren't bright enough and are in the center of the dash where i don't notice them.

cheers

Ryan

PS Pete the alloys are still in use and looking good :good:

Guest pwlcarz

Aahh!

Well, when we got back late from Goodwood the other week we parked up on the driveway for the night.

When I went to move the car the next morning, found she'd dropped oil all over the place (much to the other half's disgust!).

Thought it might be crankshaft oil seal and engine out job. However a 2nd opinion thinks it might be the dizzy oil ring (was like a hard ring of plastic rather than rubber) so ordered one from Burton, along with an auxilliary shaft oil seal (just in case) and a new cam belt.

Just waiting for them to come then time to fit.

Got a family do on this weekend so won't be allowed to play, and next weekend going to the CLA at Ragley Hall.

Most weekends in August look free at the moment?

Guest pwlcarz

Dan may well be in wales but iam not :unknw: , you are mixing my name up with Schranz :acute:

easily done as it was a while ago we all met up.

I am definitely in the Forest though (well on the edge of it really - don't like to go too far in as i might not come back)

yep iam afraid iam too young to have seen the term 'Trafficator' before... looks like it could be a useful warning light though as i can't see mine in the day as they aren't bright enough and are in the center of the dash where i don't notice them.

cheers

Ryan

PS Pete the alloys are still in use and looking good :good:

Apologies Ryan, never was very good with names and new computer meant I lost all the old emails. Sorry.