Best Place To Buy Engine Bolts

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Hi guys.

I need to get some bolts for the following 1.8 silvertop zetec 1992: Flywheel to crank, clutch plate to flywheel, head bolts, mains caps bolts, and con rod bolts. I'm only after standard bolts, not racing strength etc. Burtons are expensive, so where else would sell these bolts so that I can get them all in one place? I have found some of the above on ebay, but for such items I would like to know the origins a bit better, any ideas?

Darren

Guest The Modfather

An engine bolt shop would be best Ithink but if you have patterns any fastner company should be able to service your needs mowerman :crazy: :good: :rofl:

I never thought about an engine bolt shop, what do you think they would be listed under in the Yellow Pages, Mick? :search: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest mower man

I never thought about an engine bolt shop, what do you think they would be listed under in the Yellow Pages, Mick? :search: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No Daz it's under shop bolts engine bye for now mowerman :acute:

You can still get most of them from your local ford main stealer. Mains you can reuse and the bolts for 2 and 4 caps are specials as they also hold the scraper. Clutch cover to flywheel reuse. Big ends bolts, flywheel to crank and head bolts should be new and you need sealer on the flywheel to crank bolts which comes already on them from fords. That will teach you to start taking it all to bits!

Nigel

Guest The Modfather

I've not taken it all to bits yet, it still has the mains attached, just pulled the sump off to check the condition. If I can reuse the mains bolts then i'll pull the caps off and check the journals. If they appear ok then I'll just pop it back together.

Darren

Your local cheapest Factor is MotoristDiscountCentre by the bus station in Newbury.

Mayors La/Off Market St

Newbury RG145DR

01635 42015

Or if you have ones to match to --.

Unimaster Components

9 Arnhem Road

Newbury

Berkshire

RG14 5RU

www.unimaster.co.uk

online map

Graham