Impossible Bleed Nipple

Guest Logix_00

Guest Logix_00

Has anyone got hints or tips on how to get difficult Bleed Nipples off. Need the bleed the break system thought at least the front ones would be easy coz of access, but NO! The last person who did then (not me I hasten to add) did them up stupidly tight and has reshaped them so you can't even get a 10mm or 11mm on them. Tried using adjustable and mull-grips but to no avail! Thinking our only option is to take the callipers and drums off and then take them off in a vice if they sheer, tap them out and replace with new! Shame wanted to go the the Classic car show tomorrow near Crawley! :(

Guest The Modfather

If you haven't already then start with

1. regular sprays of WD40 and leave overnight.

2. heat with hot air paint stripper gun

3. heat with blow torch

4. cut off, drill out carefully and re tap thread

Generally they seize so it's not necessarily the person before that has tightened it up. I had one snap and had to drill it out, it's not that bad, hence why they are made of a softer metal.

Good luck

Heat up the calliper around the nipple not the nipple itself. Hammer onto the nipple a deep socket, see what imperial or torx sockets you have to jam it solid. Keep heating, if it starts to move keep working it in and out the tiny amount until it starts to move. I always remove my nipples, clean the threads and apply some red rubber grease to the threads when bleeding. (red rubber grease is compatible with brake fluid, you can use it to lube piston seals when rebuilding callipers.)

Guest Logix_00

Thanks for all the advice. I've think I've found where the break fluid is leaking out between the master cylinder and the servo. So gonna revamp the whole break system, take the front and back breaks off they could do with a revamp, plus either get a repair kit or if anyone has a good spare master cylinder they don't want I'll take it off ur hands!! Again thanks. Ants