Type 9 Speedo Drive

garethbowers

Hi, how do i go about removing the cable from the box? I cant really get at from below as the builder has plated the underside of the car. Is it going to be a case of removing the box completely?

Cheers

Gareth

Guest john wilkins

Cut a hole in the tunnel big enough to get the circlip off that locks the speedo drive in place and then plate over the hole or remove the gearbox to get it off - not a lot of choice really!

good luck - bentbonnet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hi gareth im not running a type 9 now but in mine you can remove the top of the tunnel( what would be the center consul) and access the gear box no prob i got mine out in situ when i swopped to electronic speed cheers nick

Cheers mate, i have removed the tunnel top on mine too, but cant get near it. Dunno what im gonna do,

The best way to get to the cable is to take a piece out of the tunnel side plate where the cable go's by the side of the tube. Then you may have to undo the gearbox centre bolt to be able to lift the box away from the tube to get the circlip off that retains the cable into the box. After refitting make a cover plate to replace the part you have taken away. The cable would have been fitted before the tunnel sides where secured. I am fitting the 90 deg. drive unit to mine and still need to modify to give room at the tube.

Regards

Maca